Lancia Beta Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:49:54 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: More dumb questions!  (Read 2790 times)
droptop

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

« on: December 27, 2013, 11:14:35 AM »

First, I hope you all had a good Christmas and you got some Lancia-related goodies under the tree!
Anyway, now for two questions I hope someone can answer.
1) Is the sump pan the same on 1600 and 2000 engines as mine is a sorry piece of battered kit and there's currently a NOS 1600 one on ebay and 2) Will the DMTR carb rebuild kit suit the DATR as neither kit includes choke components? They should be the same to my way of thinking, but am I right?
I have some suspension rebuilding planned for the New Year including having the front subframe powder coated and rebushed along with new ball joints, wheel bearings, brake discs and pads and finally fitting the Bilstein strut inserts I've had for the last two years so that's when I plan to change the sump.
The subframe is one I salvaged from the rotten spider I bought two years ago and am only getting around to checking now.
As a bonus, the engine mounts are still attached and in very good condition indeed so the value of my original €100 investment keeps going up and up.
I'm collecting my 1979 facelift spider in February and although it's remarkably complete and unmolested, there is an issue with starting, misfiring and idling which the present owner has identified as a carb related problem, hence the question about the rebuild kit.
Looking forward to getting my purchase home and giving it a decent overhaul with the only apparent bodywork being the sills but I intend to get it aloft before I get too excited and have the front fall off like a Datsun 120Y I owned in the early 80's!
Happy New year to all and i wish you all safe and trouble-free motoring  Smiley

Rust never sleeps
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2013, 11:38:19 AM »

1600 sumps are different to 2000 sumps, they have different part numbers, but I'm not exactly certain what the differences are.  Maybe the depth is different because the 2000 is a taller engine and hence the depth of the oil pick up changes??

I really must try to find my dealership parts books !

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
droptop

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 12:49:36 PM »

1600 sumps are different to 2000 sumps, they have different part numbers, but I'm not exactly certain what the differences are.  Maybe the depth is different because the 2000 is a taller engine and hence the depth of the oil pick up changes??

I really must try to find my dealership parts books !

You're probably correct as the oil pumps are different so maybe shallower if the 2000 has a greater offset on the crank.
That's one question answered anyway. Thanks Matt.

Rust never sleeps
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 02:25:05 PM »

Rough running is covered under my recent '1300 Coupe' thread and various topics under Fuel System. Carb off, cleaned and blown through with an airline seems to have finally cured the desperate running problems with my new car.

I think the carb kit will contain some of, but not all the components you might need. As above, invisible dirt was more of a problem than the odd split diaphragm.
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2013, 02:46:58 PM »

I think you will find that 1600 sump is smaller and a different oil pump was fitted, this is with the exception of very late cars where,if I recall correctly,a single design of pump was introduced and the sump was standardised (except for vx) something you'd think they would have thought about earlier than 1983!

The best approach with lancia parts from another model or even same model different year is to assume it doesn't fit until proven otherwise.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2013, 02:51:13 PM by rossocorsa » Logged
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2013, 04:46:26 PM »

Whilst in the storage barn today I came across my spare sumps, 1600 and 2000 so compared them side by side.  The 1600 version is more shallow than the 2000, it's also not as wide (longitudinally) by about 12-15mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
droptop

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2013, 05:03:55 PM »

Whilst in the storage barn today I came across my spare sumps, 1600 and 2000 so compared them side by side.  The 1600 version is more shallow than the 2000, it's also not as wide (longitudinally) by about 12-15mm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks for a good definitave answer.
I will keep an eye out for the correct one.
At least mine has a baffle retrofitted so that's worth something over appearence.

Rust never sleeps
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: