Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:38:14 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Key numbers  (Read 4342 times)
Per

Norway Norway

« on: September 21, 2013, 07:16:19 PM »

The passenger door lock and tank lid are by all accounts original, but the key is missing. Are there any sources that can cut a new key by getting the number from records somewhere. I believe the ignition lock is original. So either that number or the chassis no could be used. I assume Lancia have scrapped their records and parts after ten years as the italisns usually do.
Hawk

England England

« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2013, 11:22:45 AM »

These guys cut keys for me from the numbers

JOHN RICHARD SECURITY PRODUCTS (WIRRAL) LIMITED
202A PENSBY ROAD
HESWALL
WIRRAL
CH60 7RJ

TEL 0151 342 2318 / 4074
FAX 0151 342 3273

they've got a website as well

Per

Norway Norway

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2013, 06:36:22 AM »

Thanks, looks like they can rebuild the locks to to fit the one key that I have. That is of course an (expensive) alternative to cut keys from a number but is seems nobody has any records anymore (surprise   Roll Eyes. I wonder about the tank lid though, looks rather like a sealed for life unit.
Per

Norway Norway

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 11:29:05 PM »

I have found a supplier in the US who can cut from a photo of your old key, including the dimple type we have for the doors. In addition he will supply you with the key number for the new key. He can also take apart a cylinder and code + produce key. Furthermore, some cylinders have the key no stamped on the rear of the cylinder or the tail / lever at the back of the cylinder. I found a number stamped on the tail of the glove locker cylinder so here's to hope.  Smiley

(The dimple type never made it into common use here so there is not one single locksmith who can even copy a dimple type key  Huh?  )

Oh, and the tank lid can be taken apart to yield its cylinder.
lbcoupe76

Australia Australia

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2013, 06:08:07 AM »

Any chance you could let me know the locksmith you found who can make a key for your lock is. I can't seem to find mine.

1976 Beta coupe 1800 "Kermette"
1975 Beta coupe 1800 x 2
1974 Beta Berlina 1800
1989 Thema i.e turbo
1988 Thema i.e turbo
Fiat 1500

Smoke me a Kipper i'll be back for breakfast
angelom

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2013, 06:42:27 AM »

The people I used were

http://www.keys4classics.com

They are located in Canberra Australia. Very good quality work and not expensive I think. Had ignition and dimple keys made.
If you have the code stamped on the key- then perfect. he has a choice of key heads such as the Silica range.

If No key code then send him a very detailed photo and he can replicate from photo. I did it this way and it was perfect.

AngeloM
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2013, 09:34:18 AM »

I'll vouch for these guys too.

I've had two sets done from photos (different cars) and they've both been quick and worked perfectly.

So much for 'security' locks though when someone can look at the key and tell you the code!
lbcoupe76

Australia Australia

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2013, 11:37:42 AM »

Awesome, just down the road(well compared to USA) Grin, i'll call them tomorrow. Thanks for that.

1976 Beta coupe 1800 "Kermette"
1975 Beta coupe 1800 x 2
1974 Beta Berlina 1800
1989 Thema i.e turbo
1988 Thema i.e turbo
Fiat 1500

Smoke me a Kipper i'll be back for breakfast
Per

Norway Norway

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 09:51:19 AM »

Oooops, not US but AUS. Yes the same guys. I just assumed that they were US from the .com address  Embarrassed
Per

Norway Norway

« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2013, 12:34:58 PM »

Got the keys, one cut from photo incl. giving me the code no, one from code + ignition key from code. All worked to perfection   Smiley

The only let down was realising that the tank lid cylinder (cheap and nasty mazak) had corroded to a solid mass. After heating with a torch alternating with freezing spray and then half an hour in an ultrasonic cleaning bath I got it apart and will complete my first attempt as a locksmith tonight. One side is already working, now to complete the other side of the key. There is one row each side of the key, five pins in each row. It will never be a smooth lock again but better than nothing. I'll keep it unlocked most of the time I think.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: