Lancia Beta Forum
April 20, 2024, 11:49:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi Im new (46 years old to be fair)  (Read 2787 times)
1970s wedge
1990 Hawk HF2000ie , 1996 Mazda MX3 1.8 V6, 1989 BMW E30 1.6i

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: June 30, 2013, 11:35:24 PM »

Hi all, I'm Kevin from Sheffield. I first came into contact with the Beta marque in 1990 when I purchase a quite tidy 1983 Beta HPE 2000ie.
I didnt really have any interest in the car for its bodywork etc as also in 1990 I signed my life away and purchased a Transformer cars (now Hawk cars) HF2000 kit which I planned to put the 'twink' in, it transpired that the HPE was such a peach to drive that I decided to run it for a 'happy' couple of years until the time came when the engine transplant was due.
     I registered the 'Strat' in 1997 after a lengthy 7 year build Shocked, the twincam, when in the HPE was a hoot to drive but in the 800kg 'Strat' it was
something else Grin. Since 1997 i have resisted the urge to go 'Alfa V6' as most other owners have done as the twincam suits my driving style and car useage and its less complicated (sometimes!) than a '6 pot 24 valve disaster' waiting to break/bend?Huh??.
  As I am a bit of a 'tech scaredy cat' I only went 'on line' last year Shocked (sad I know!) but as I am now finding my feet and realize that most
problems and vehicle running issues can be sorted out with help from dedicated and like minded people on forums such as this and the fact that
the marque is 'knocking on' now and spares are becoming scarce, I stumbled upon this site and decided to register in the hope that I may expand my knowledge of the Beta HPE 2000ie (if only in an engine based manner) and maybe instruct other members on issues that i have had with day to day running etc?
     I hope to post a few questions in the near future but at the moment I would like to thank admin and members of the LBF for the valueable time
taken to allow my registration and useage on this forum. Kev b.

"It's like sitting in an a hot oven and looking out of an oddly shaped letterbox!"
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2013, 12:05:03 AM »

I suspect Matt on here may know more than you'd ever want to know about Hawks...

Welcome along.
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 05:19:27 AM »

Welcome to the forum Kevin, be it Beta or Hawk Stratos reps, your among like minded folk on here. :-)

You'll ding that people on here don't just limit their help to Beta issues and advice, they will help out with the PC/tech stuff too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2013, 07:28:52 AM »

Hi Kev

Welcome to the forum, I would imagine most issues you may have will have some sensible reply on this forum as there is a wide range of experience.

One other forum you could join (if you have not found it already) is the Stratos one here www.stratosec.com which has a lot of the of the Transformer/Hawk/Corse guys on there, a fair few are around your area as well.

I would think there are not that many left with the old Twinc engine in them, as many have been changed to Alfa V6 be it 12 or 24V.

One day when I have finished the Spyder and saved a few pennies, I will buy one......

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
1970s wedge
1990 Hawk HF2000ie , 1996 Mazda MX3 1.8 V6, 1989 BMW E30 1.6i

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 10:05:37 PM »

Thanks for the welcome replies 'guys n dolls'.
When I have some more time for surfing etc i will endevour to post some questions etc, I have recently MOTd taxed and insured 'LOLLY'
as I call her! and gave her an 80 mile run as the MOT inspector stated that the emissions on two of the cylinders 1 and 4 would have been an MOT fail?
(the car has a Cheeseman exhaust system fitted which is esentially a twin system with 2 sets of cylinders joined by primaries and secondarys leading to a shared silencer and being 'balanced' downstream by connecting pipe) as kit cars are excempt from emission checks and due to a friendly tester, i asked him to do me a check anyway (well two checks actually?) first check on left tail pipe (cylinders 1+4) resulted in overspec CO readings?
second check on right tailpipe (cylinders 2+3) normal/below spec CO (both tailpipes resulted in normal HC redings?), the tester recommended I
'stretch her legs' a bit so hence the 80+mile run and then if I was passing, pop her in for a re check? shes been stood for 15 months so i think
needs a clear out? Shocked. I havnt had the chance to take her back yet but Im troubled by the high CO on 1+4???.

Thanks peteracs I used to be a member of the SEC (formerly SRC) for a few years, but being a 'Yorkshireman', the subs issue and general club costs
didn't bode well with my very shallow pockets! Grin. I was in contact with the club treasurer/admin last year as I recognised her name and emailed on a couple of occasions.

I currently have to juggle my time between 4 of 'lifes loves' in this order!

1.Cycling
2.My daughter !!!!!!! Shocked (yes, she should come 1st ,I know...... Roll Eyes)
3.Metal things that move!
4.Work (the hard variety!)

(Only one of these justifies my existence on this sometimes frustrating planet?? shes 13 and a teenager!.... tommorow as it happens X  Kiss

More soon LBF.
 kev b.

"It's like sitting in an a hot oven and looking out of an oddly shaped letterbox!"
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: