Lancia Beta Forum
April 24, 2024, 11:10:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia Beta Saloon. Car and Classic ad.  (Read 5857 times)
haryjames

« on: April 16, 2013, 03:24:29 PM »

Hi all, I've had the Beta Saloon advertised on Car and Classic website for a month now and to date, not a single call!

The car really is un welded, one registered owner etc and Mot'd (Northern Irish Mot, which is via a government agency, so very strict).

I "rescued" the car from potentially being stripped for parts and remain amazed at its integrity and original condition.

The car,in my opinion,due to lack of use over recent years, will benefit from future work and being honest, more driving/use, but it really is a pretty unique and rare survivor.

It drives in many ways like a modern and could make someone a great potential everyday driver.

I have too many cars in storage and another "project" arriving in the next few weeks, so will have to do something.

It's a cliche, but I really would like the car to go to an enthusiast and will happily chat anyone through the details.

Am I being unrealistic over pricing?? This is pretty much what the car owes me and seems ridiculous value for such a car.

Many thanks.

Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 06:06:15 PM »

Sadly the market for saloons always seems to be sluggish. I nearly went to look at your car when it was for sale in Yorkshire. I fear it's move to Ireland will make it even harder to shift. There was some interest in it on the LMC Forum. If you're not a member I could try bumping the topic for you?
haryjames

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 06:09:50 PM »

Hi, thanks for that, yes, that would be great.
haryjames

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2013, 08:48:20 PM »

Hi, just by way of update.

I've still got the Beta Saloon, have done no additional advertising (was going into Silverstone Auctions, but was over fuelling when due to be out on transporter and so didn't go, now resolved.

A great car, but now needs to go to free up room, no reasonable offer refused, I would still rather see the car go to an enthusiast and will do nothing for a week or so to see if there is any interest from the forum before moving it on.

It is almost criminal that these cars are so undervalued in comparison to some vastly inferior classics,but markets dictate... will we all look back some day and marvel at how cheap they could once be bought?

Any interest, get in touch via the forum, I will genuinely do all I can to describe fully and honestly.

In brief, one registered owner,original purchase invoice, two sets of original keys, original handbooks/service book etc etc.

Interior high quality retrim and seats etc still as new.

Engine rebuilt c 7,000 miles ago (I'm told from bottom up, by one of the Lancia technicians from the garage who supplied the car new)

Had a bare metal repaint c 12 years ago?,still presents generally well but with some chips and cracking to paint in places.

Car is Mot'd to September and although driving well has had very limited real use for many years and I would be reluctant to suggest anyone should head off on a long journey as a maiden outing. That said, when I picked it up I drove a very pleasant 50 ish miles without incident.

Car was extensively treated with waxoyl etc from new and remains unwelded.

I'm sure could make someone a lovely and rare car with a little ongoing care and attention.

Many thanks.
mtulloch

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2013, 10:17:57 PM »

What sort of amount are you looking at for it?
haryjames

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2013, 01:32:31 PM »

I'm not fully sure how "low" I'm prepared for, but will do my best to do a deal with someone who will appreciate the car.

There are a fair few spares which will also go with car.

You're welcome to call to discuss if of interest, 07711 165248, or make an offer.

Many thanks.
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2013, 03:46:32 PM »

Hi

Sorry not in the market myself, but maybe a few pictures may help to get the ball rolling?

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
haryjames

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2013, 05:30:05 PM »

Thanks, I'm not sure how to upload pictures?

MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2013, 05:43:17 PM »

It's in the Welcome section, under forum rules, FAQ's and user guides...

There is a thread in there that covers how to add or insert pictures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
haryjames

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2013, 02:48:32 PM »

Hi, thanks for that Matt,unfortunately it's telling me that it's not a valid picture file??
haryjames

« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2013, 05:39:28 PM »

Hi, if anyone would like to see some pictures, let me know and I will send on.

Thanks
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: