Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:47:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Carb for a Lancia Beta Coupe 1600 (1981)  (Read 5219 times)
Air_Hair_Lair

« on: March 15, 2013, 06:45:53 PM »

Hey All

I've got a problem with one of my carbs in that it is over flowing petrol from the top.  I know this could be related to the float simply being stuck, or something worse.

I've not had any experience in taking them apart am a little hestitant to just jump in.  I am awaiting some advice from a garage, but in the meantime I was wondering if anyone can give me either a little advice on either going about taking one apart and looking at the float and also any rough costs of refurbished/second hand carbs and where I can go about purchasing them. (currently there is one on ebay for about £20 with 2 days left on it).

Also if any of you have had a similar problem if you could let me know what you did to fix it, or where you went to fix it that would be top notch!

Thanks a lot in advance!
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 07:57:54 PM »

Sounds like a stuck or punctured float. The carbs are fairly easy to strip down. I think the whole top half comes off to get at the float chamber, but not sure where you'd get a new float, though it's more likely to be stuck rather than holed.
Might be worth a punt on eBay, so long as it's the correct carb for your car. A refurbished carb will be £100+.
thecolonel
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 08:24:10 PM »

You should be able to get à new float from eurocarb.
Ammy

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2013, 08:29:35 PM »

If you look on the Lancisti web page,  I have sent copies of the Weber technical sheets for the carbs you're most likely to  have.  They show exploded views,  which explain everything you need.

Ammy
Ammy

« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2013, 08:34:54 PM »

Explanation.! ! !   They are on the Forum under  34DATRA-34DATRA.
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 12:58:26 AM »

Hi All

There is a guy on Ebay selling Datr refurb kit for £35ish, let me know if you need a link to it. It includes new floats.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 01:40:46 PM »

Not as likely, but does your car have a fuel return pipe (smaller of two pipes attatched to the carb that include the main fuel inlet pipe)? If this is blocked and you are only idling the engine this could be either causing or exacerbating the flooding.
Air_Hair_Lair

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2013, 12:39:13 PM »

Cheers for you help all, looking into it now.   Cheesy

*EDIT

Ammy if you could post a link to the technical sheets that would be brilliant.  I've searched for them on the site and seem to only find wanted posts, or posts about other issues from other people Smiley
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 12:46:05 PM by Air_Hair_Lair » Logged
Ammy

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2013, 05:00:22 PM »

Can't handle attachments on this site but they are on  Lancisti-- Home --Articles-- more articles --5 days ago
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: