Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 02:09:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta Berlina 2000  (Read 2629 times)
RedOne

« on: February 18, 2013, 09:45:02 PM »

Hello.
I bought a Lancia Beta Berlina 2000 last year from a guy in Gloucester. The car is in original condition, never been welded or painted and is in remarkable condition.
It belonged to his father who ran a car sales and repair garage in Gloucester, Gino Fatica Ltd, specializing in Italian Cars until his death in 1993 when his son took the business, and the Lancia over.
The car was taken off the road then and garage stored but was started and driven on the garage premises on a regular basis.
Last year he retired and sold the business but had nowhere to store the Lancia so he decided to sell it on eBay and I was the winner.
The car was given a full service prior to the sale, the only weak part being the exhaust system which needed replacement. I purchased a new stainless steel one from Mark and had it fitted by Marcus Robinson, a friend and personal mechanic! It is now ready for the road.
A few details.
It is a series 2 car on a T Plate (August 1978) with 34K on the clock. It's finished in red with an orange cloth interior which is in excellent order. It also has a Webasto full length sunroof which took some careful opening as it hadn't been used since 1993 but now runs freely and ideal for the coming summer!
I'm a friend of Derek and Marcus Robinson, both Lancia owners, and hope to bring my car to shows etc this year.
I gather there are not many of the Berlinas left so I'm glad to have one to use and enjoy.
A new Lancia owner.
Alan Sutton.
thecolonel
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2013, 07:46:58 PM »

Welcome Alan, enjoy your.new car.
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2013, 08:31:16 PM »

Welcome Alan,

Have you got any pictures of your Berlina?  It sounds a great find, I'm certainly interested in seeing the interior/exterior colour combination.

May you have many pleasurable miles in your Lancia Smiley

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
lanciamad
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lanciamad

England England

Marcus Robinson

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 06:16:32 PM »

It's a lovely original car in great condition, after a few teething issues, hopefully all will be well... Smiley

1982 - Lancia Beta HPE 2000ie http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=472.0
1989 - Lancia Delta 16v integrale
1992 - Lancia Thema 2.0 16v Turbo
2001 - Honda Civic Type R EP3
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: