Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 06:01:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Lancia Transporter thanks to Terry Gilbert  (Read 5043 times)
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« on: January 29, 2013, 10:58:40 PM »

And to start things off Wink

Many thanks to Terry Gilbert  who introduced himself at last years NEC Classic Car Show, and has also joined the forum, hopefully he may add more photos later Cheesy

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry this has taken so long.  If you recall we spoke at the NEC and my father drove the Lancia/Ferrari car transporter in the late 70's.

I hope you like them although they aren't great quality.  My dads name was Rick Gilbert.

He died nearly 5 years ago now so if you do ever use the pictures and there's a credit then I'd appreciate his name being mentioned.  
If I can help with any info please don't hesitate to ask.

The picture with the green vauxhall was taken at Brackley where we live and the woman in the big ole flares is my mum.

I still can't walk past a Lancia of the era without a look and a smile.

A quick tale from memory:  Dad and I went to a Lancia dealer in London and collected the Alitalia Lancia Stratos Rally car on this very truck for some reason.

The trailer is quite narrow and the car had to be pushed on.  So dad and some guy from the dealer pushed and I had to stear.  Not a big deal you might think, but I would have been 8 years old!!  
In the workshop parked next to the Stratos was another famous Lancia.  The Montecarlo from Hebie goes to Montecarlo.  

On a downside.  Dad was also the fella that was delivering new and collecting the return/rusty Betas from the dealerships. A lot of these sat in the compound that you see the transporter pictured in.  Several were later bent in banger racing games. I'm not sure that you wanted to read that nearly new Lancias were destroyed like that.  All those parts..........

All happy and distant memories now.  If I can find a copy of the magazine that used dads truck loaded with Betas as a centre spread, I'll let you know.

All the best.

Thanks Terry

Photo credit: Rick Gilbert

« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 11:10:46 PM by TonyLanciaBeta » Logged

Tony Harrison - Farnborough, Hants
1981 Beta Coupe 1600
1981 Beta Coupe 2L(being restored slowly)
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2013, 09:14:06 PM »

Terry has just sent another photo of his Dads truck, this one is from the center pages of TRUCK magazine in October 78

Thanks for sharing Terry

Tony Harrison - Farnborough, Hants
1981 Beta Coupe 1600
1981 Beta Coupe 2L(being restored slowly)
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
thecolonel
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 12:15:32 AM »

Looks like a gamma berlina in the middle.
cheeky monkey

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 02:59:28 PM »

Great photos  Smiley

Graham

1979 beta coupe 1300
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: