Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 01:49:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Part number request: VX rad hose.  (Read 3364 times)
VXdeMayo

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: February 01, 2013, 12:02:41 PM »

Dear all,
I have recently bought a rad hose from Italy that looked right but on arrival is too short. The Lancia O.E part number is 82405154.
I was hoping it was the VX Bottom hose to the thermostat. However it is way too short.
Any help guys?
Best,
Chas and Anne. Huh?

"Baldric - I have a cunning plan" (Oh - ah, maybe not)!
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 01:09:54 PM »

I'll have a look probably not until tomorrow though. On vx cars it can be confusing because the two different radiator types (early all metal or late plastic/alluminium) have a different orientation of inlet/outlet so require different pipe lengths
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 09:02:23 PM »

the part you have is the top hose for the late type radiator (plastic/aluminium) you need 82365749 (metal rad) or 82405153 (plastic/aluminium) I suspect that all UK cars originally had the early radiators but I could be wrong
VXdeMayo

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 10:24:20 AM »

Dear Alan,
Thanks for that. I suspected as much. Tell me how can you tell which rad I have? Our VX is 1983 and I have had the rad recently checked and overhauled by a local rad expert. I remember him saying to me "Ah this has been recored before, so it is in good condition". I also remember the Bottom hose attaches to an angled pipe exiting with a sharp 90 degree bend towards the thermostat?
Any answers on a postcard?
Best,
Chas. Smiley

"Baldric - I have a cunning plan" (Oh - ah, maybe not)!
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2013, 10:29:52 AM »

Dear Alan,
Thanks for that. I suspected as much. Tell me how can you tell which rad I have? Our VX is 1983 and I have had the rad recently checked and overhauled by a local rad expert. I remember him saying to me "Ah this has been recored before, so it is in good condition". I also remember the Bottom hose attaches to an angled pipe exiting with a sharp 90 degree bend towards the thermostat?
Any answers on a postcard?
Best,
Chas. Smiley
it's simple the late radiator has unpainted alloy core and black plastic headers the early one is black painted metal, on a 83 car in theory it should be the early design but they can be swapped and I have a nice nos late style one to go in mine if I ever get around to finishing it!
I can't easily get to my radiator but if I recall correctly the later version has both inlet and outlet on the same side whereas earlier one has one on either end (or vice versa)
Sent from my MOMO11 bird using Tapatalk HD
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: