Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:11:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: engine bearings volumex  (Read 2636 times)
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: December 14, 2012, 10:19:26 PM »

As I understand it (correct me if I am wrong) the original uprated bearings used in the VX are NLA? Question is given this what are people using, do the bearings for 'normal'  contemporary 1995 twin cams fit and work satisfactorily? 
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 07:02:38 PM »

Brian

This depends on whether you are using the OE Con rods. If you are using Integrale forged items then having a look at Tanc Barrets site is VERY helpful.

Eric
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 08:54:48 PM »

Just normal rods no ambitions or cash to do anything else, GC will probably disapprove .......
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2012, 10:49:08 AM »

Brian

The modern conventional bearing material of known make will be fine for your use with high quality modern engine oil provided you follow the normal routine of having oil pressure up before loading the engine and taking it easier in warm up. This assumes the con rods are spotless (Ultrasonic cleaner) and have a known history i.e. a matched set, not raced or from an over heated engine. A baffled sump should be essential to you as oil starvation is just behind the Aux DS lobe hitting No2 con rod for killing engines.

Eric
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2012, 11:08:08 AM »

Where did Brian come from?
anyway pretty much what I thought, GC measured my crank and it is spot on so that's a start. I have two engines although i have sold the crank out of one now, stripping both has proven interesting the one the spate engine that had been rebuilt by someone else had proven to look a bit iffy more wear, scoring on the big end bearings due to dirty build etc...the other that I thought wasn't so good turned out at least on a visual inspection to be better, bottom end looks like its never been apart before bearings worn  but smooth seems to have had a head gasket weep at one end but nothing too serious. When funds allow I hope to get this one built up

Alan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: