Lancia Beta Forum
April 25, 2024, 11:18:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta Saloon Continued  (Read 1081 times)
haryjames

« on: November 26, 2012, 10:09:09 PM »

Hi all, many many thanks for the comments to date.

By way of update, working through the car, now had it up on a lift and can confirm no welding and no rot, quite amazing I would think?

I was taken to see another local Beta saloon, bought new in 1979, covered a genuine 40,000 miles one owner etc, the owner told me it lasted 6 years, was then parked up, it has now almost entirely disappeared in dust, if I can, I'll upload a photo, it's almost art!

Anyway, back to my car, fuel lines replaced, carb cleaned and sorted, brakes checked, fan repaired etc etc etc and so we go on, my mechanic and I have basically spent principally every spare minute going through item by item, will finish with service and timing belt etc, I'd like the car to be reliable enough to use with some confidence.

As an aside, having "rescued" the car and now racking up some bills, what is a decent Beta saloon worth these days when "sorted", the paintwork is not perfect, the odd blemish and surface spot, but nicely aged and no rot, the interior was retrimmed and is immaculate, the engine was rebuilt around 7000 miles ago and is very sweet although will I think benefit from some driving.

It's hard to get an idea, so few to compare.

Once again, many thanks, great forum.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: