Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:23:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Montecarlo needed for magazine article photoshoot  (Read 5295 times)
Thotos

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Theo Kyriacou

« on: November 15, 2012, 09:54:10 PM »

I’ve been contacted by a friend who’s an independent journalist writing classic car articles  and he is after a Montecarlo for a photo-shoot and article to be published in Classic Cars magazine. Please see his email below. I’ve met Nigel a few years ago when he wrote an article which included my Fiat 131 and since then he featured my car in a few of his articles and he's been very complementary about my car. In fact Nigel writes 'positive' articles about classic cars. He is a very nice man. His contact details are in his email below so if you have a suitable Montecarlo and you are able to do the photoshoot, please contact Nigel directly.

From: Nigel Boothman [mailto:nigelboothman@tiscali.co.uk]
Sent: 05 November 2012 14:33
To: Theo Kyriacou
Subject: Car hunting again

Hi Theo,

How are you? It's that time again when I bother you for a few ideas about finding a car for a photoshoot. This time I'm writing a buying guide for the Beta Montecarlo that will appear in a forthcoming issue of Classic Cars magazine.

We'd like to illustrate it with studio shots of a Montecarlo, age and type unimportant but preferably not a black or a white one, as they're harder to shoot in a studio. Do you know of anyone with such a car who'd be prepared to bring it to a photo studio? We have access to two studios, one in Beaulieu on the south coast and one in Norwich. Any members nearby?

It would mean taking a day off (or doing it on a weekend), but we'd cover fuel and food expenses. The shoot needs to happen before the end of the month, and while the roads are getting salty, I'm hoping you can put me in touch with someone who's prepared to get the car out.

Please feel free to forward my contact details to anyone you think might help.

Best regards, and I hope all of your fleet is healthy!

Nigel

Nigel Boothman [mailto:nigelboothman@tiscali.co.uk]
Contributor
Classic Cars Magazine
www.classiccarsmagazine.co.uk
0131 668 4199 / 07837 828133

Theo Kyriacou
thecolonel
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2012, 10:13:11 PM »

There areva few nice ones at NEC this weekend.
Thotos

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2012, 10:26:46 PM »

I'm going to the NEC tomorrow (Friday) so I'll have a chat  Wink

Theo Kyriacou
thecolonel
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2012, 10:54:34 PM »

There is a superb red one belongs to Darren Cooksey
I think that's the right spelling.
LanciaNut69

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2012, 11:51:21 PM »

Thanks chap for the props and you have spelling correct!  Have dropped Nigel an email to let him know and provide more details once I get home again.

Cheers

Darren

www.monteservicingandrepair.com
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: