Lancia Beta Forum
April 20, 2024, 02:04:50 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Amendment to the EC Road worthiness Package for Historic Vehicles:  (Read 1590 times)
WestonE
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: November 05, 2012, 12:59:39 PM »

Fellow Beta Owners as our cars were not entirely perfect when they left the factory you should ALL care about this and act NOW

The European Commission is proposing to outlaw the use of any modifications and non-original components to historic vehicles by introducing the following legislation;
Periodic roadworthiness tests for motor vehicles and their trailers and repealing Directive 2009/40/EC"
Many elements of this legislation make good sense, however the legislation in its current format would immediately render thousands of historic vehicles illegal because of ‘common sense enhancements’. This would surely jeopardize jobs in this valuable industry and the multi million pound supply chain, and in many cases actually rendering safety enhancements illegal as they were not fitted by vehicles designers. This may well lower the safety of these old vehicles as we continue to use and enjoy them. The request is that Parliament consider the implications of banning modifications to historic vehicles, and suggest that the EU policy should be changed to closer reflect the sensible use of modifications in keeping with the vehicles historic design and nature.

If you would like to support the petition, please click here: http://epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/37784

Eric with a modified montecarlo and a modified Beta Spyder
Hawk

England England

« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 01:50:11 PM »

Seems bloody stupid to me!

What's the defiition of a 'historic vehicle' btw?
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 06:12:52 PM »

Eric

While agreeing with all you say this is the second go for this e-petition on the Forum. As with the first time round it is unlikely to get the required number of signatures (75k??). The classic car community have yet to get an e-petition home, including a return to 25+ free tax which actually involved money!

For once I think the government's eurosceptisim may come to our aid though. Brussels may enact this claptrap but I don't think it will filter down to happening in this actual form in the UK. I think there will be plenty of exemptions once the legislation comes down to planet Earth.

I have however signed. Maybe I'll be proved wrong.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 06:19:27 PM by Neil-yaj396 » Logged
archigraphe

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 01:18:42 PM »

There is a hardwork made by the "FIVA" to guarantee an alldays use for our old cars...

After the "debat" on pollution, on safety use .......

The CEE may certainly have no oldcar enthusiast.... Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: