Lancia Beta Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:13:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I might be coming back into the Lancia fold..... in a VX  (Read 1565 times)
Betanut

Scotland Scotland

Lancialess

« on: October 29, 2012, 10:20:17 AM »

OK, this may be a wee bit premature - we'll see  Wink

It is now nearly ten years since my much loved VX coupe was sold (much weeping/sobbing etc) but the truth was, back then, I had no garage and used the car as everyday transport.
That wasn't fair on the car or more importantly on my bank balance and my marriage so with much sadness the Lancia and I parted company.
I suspect that car (DRS654A) is no longer with us..... but another VX coupe I fettled on and off for someone else when I lived in Aberdeenshire has just been offered to me.
These days I do have a garage - well, sort of - and could possibly manage the idea of a second car for the 'summer'.

Anyway, it's a deal that is very very much in the early stages. If a deal cannot be done I'll probably take on the disposal of the car which, if memory serves (has been 9 years since I saw it last) is about as tidy as a VX possibly can be..... one owner from new, FSH from new, no expense spared, low mileage.... you get the idea. A possible concours car in the making.

As they say, watch this space. It would be good to be back in a Beta after a decade of withdrawal symptoms!

Hamish  Cool
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 01:17:38 PM »

In the same time period my vx has just languished in the garage in pieces! So you are still well ahead of me, your old car shows as untaxed since 2003
Betanut

Scotland Scotland

Lancialess

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 07:55:33 PM »

Aye, 2003 was when it left me.
I often wonder if it was bought for the engine alone..... it was pretty potent by the time it left my tender care.
Amazing what was possible (then) on a limited budget Wink
I think the buyer came from Kent, long way to come and collect the car, but I forget his name  Sad

Maybe about time you got that VX of your sorted!  Grin
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2012, 09:51:57 PM »

Maybe about time you got that VX of your sorted!  Grin

not much hope of that engine is in bits, subframe out, body in half peeling top coat and half primer, interior removed and I just don't have any spare funds to spend on it......you never know miracles can happen but not this year I'm afraid!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: