Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:10:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello from Greece  (Read 1867 times)
Fulvia 3

Greece Greece

« on: December 03, 2012, 10:29:18 AM »

Hello from Greece,
Being a Lancia fan ever since I was a child, I brought back to life a Fulvia coupe 3 some years ago and last week I had the chance to buy a 1979 Beta Spider 1600 with some 86.000 (real) km on the clock. She was the seller’s mother’s car.
The car is in good condition, with apparently no rust (thanks to Greece’s dry climate) and runs good, although never driven for the past two years. The seats are refurbished but I think that the carpet is still the original one and the general view is quiet satisfactory. Luckily, few things are missing: i.e. needs new bumper rubber strips, new mohair hood – on the other hand, I have already found the original grille and light surrounds, as well as 4 alloy wheels in order to replace the Campagnolo Millerighe which are present on the photos ).
Finally, although my tail lights are present and in good condition, I will try to find better ones (I know, it seems like a joke, but is there anyone selling a pair or just the right one?).
I have already started stripping the car in order to proceed to an extensive rebuilding and, hopefully, by the end of spring the car will take place next to its new friends in my garage.
Michael Dimakis

And her friends, waiting for her:

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 10:35:14 AM by Fulvia 3 » Logged
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 11:07:25 AM »

Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Looks like a nice example of a Spyder and no rust..... wish it were like that here.

As to your wish list

Rear lights are always a painful thing on the Spyders, getting rarer by the year it appears, yours do not look that bad, what is wrong with them?

The rubber strip on the bumper may be hard to find as well, try sources in Italy is my best guess, no suggestions from me sadly.

I found the hood really expensive to source in the UK, so bought a couple from a seller in the US and they worked out much cheaper. I bought a mohair one for me and a traditional vinyl for another member on the forum. Even with imprt VAT, the prices were significantly cheaper than any UK seller. His website is http://www.zagatotop.com/.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Fulvia 3

Greece Greece

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 11:38:02 AM »

Hello and thanks for the response,
Although my tail lights look good, the red lens of the right one is from another light and on the reverse lens glue is apparent (see att. photo). I can live with it but I would rather change it.
A hood can be custom made in Greece: the result (as seen on a friend’s Zagato) is excellent  and the price quite affordable (ca 450 € for a mohair hood).
Finally, for the rubber strips: I have bought a rear bumper in good condition (in Greece one can find lots of parts, esp. for coupes). Whether I will strip it from the rubber (which may result to cutting the rubber) or I will repair it and brush it with the rubber on. Neither one nor the other solution seem to be quite satisfactory.
M

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: