Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 02:10:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: BetaMeeta13  (Read 126169 times)
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« on: October 18, 2012, 08:42:28 PM »

BetaMeeta13 Grin

Dates for your diary!
After the huge success of this years Beta weekend in Norfolk, We are starting to plan for next year's event.

James Costello and Lorenzo have kindly volunteered or organise the weekend, thanks chaps
Giving Amanda a well deserved rest after the last two years of very hard work.

We have provisionally booked the dates Friday 7th-Sun 9th June 2013

Based in a more central location, in the heart of North Bedfordshire
at the Sharnbrook Hotel, which was also the venue used for the Bedfordshire Italian Car Day http://www.thesharnbrookhotel.com/

The hotel has a total of 23 rooms, all of which we have reserved
We will be offering flexible booking options, to include one day, the Gala dinner, the driving tour or the whole weekend

James will be posting more info soon.

Watch this space!

« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 04:22:50 PM by Admin » Logged

Tony Harrison - Farnborough, Hants
1981 Beta Coupe 1600
1981 Beta Coupe 2L(being restored slowly)
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
James

« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2012, 11:11:28 PM »

Dear all

Hope everyone is well, and looking forward to a day or two off over Xmas and the new year

Just wanted to give an update to you about the event- I have now met with Ciro, the manager at the hotel, and we are in the process of putting together prices and options for this event

I should be able to release details of prices, menu choices, and accommodation options in the next few weeks

What I can tell you now is that this is sure to be a very memorable and special event for al the right reasons!!!

Hope that's all ok for now, by all means let me know if you have any questions

Best wishes, James
James

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 12:31:32 AM »

Dear all

I hope 2013 is treating you all well

I am pleased to announce that booking for BetaMeeta'13 is now open!

The event will be held at The Sharnbrook Hotel, Park Lane (off A6), Sharnbrook, Bedfordshire, MK44 1LX

The full itinerary is TBC but here is an outline of the options and costs:

1 night stay package inc gala dinner for one person £115
2 night stay package inc gala dinner for one person £180
1 night stay package inc gala dinner for two people £175
2 night stay package inc gala dinner for two people £250

Full day package inc gala dinner per person £50

Car plaques will be available to purchase separately, price TBC- please PM me if you would like to order one so that I can get numbers together

Price includes:
Bed and breakfast accommodation at The Sharnbrook Hotel (Sat 8th June for 1 night or Fri 7th & Sat 8th June for 2 nights) in a twin or double room
Activities on Saturday including a planned drive taking in local attractions and lunch at a pub along the route
Gala dinner with Prosecco and Crostini upon arrival
Three course meal with a choice of dishes at each course and cheese table (see attachment)
Live entertainment

The package does not include:
Dinner on Friday evening, if you are on the 2 night package
Lunch on Saturday or Sunday
Alcohol or soft drinks

All bookings must be made by Friday 26th April

For all packages that include accommodation, please book directly with The Sharnbrook Hotel on 01234 783142, stating clearly that you are from the Lancia Beta Forum. You will need to have your menu choices ready, and payment must be made in full when you book.

For the day package, please contact me directly vis PM with your menu choices and to arrange payment via Paypal, which I will then forward to the hotel

The gala dinner menu is attached

Please do get in touch with any questions, or comment here,  and I will endeavour to provide the full itinerary in the coming weeks- I do want to ensure that everything is "just so" and that event will be fun, inviting, exciting and appealing to all

Best wishes to you all, and look forward to seeing you once the snow has melted

* Lancia_Beta_Forum_08_06_13.pdf (290.37 KB - downloaded 610 times.)
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 10:29:19 PM »

Sounds like a quality event at a great venue, sadly will still be Beta-less this year and will need to direct all spare funds to the VX as I am under threat from Julia that the car must be finished by the time of her wedding. So I can't make it but hopefully there'll be Betameeta 2014 and you will see me there!

Alan
cgo75

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2013, 08:55:02 PM »

Bonjour  Wink,
As last year,We are interested in joining the BetaMeeta13 event. Do you still accept offshore LHD Betas? We  know that the number of rooms is very limited and we don't want to take the place of a genuine  UK Beta driver. However the memory of the 2012 event is such that we would like to cross the channel again (the beginning  of a tradition).

Nothing to do with that : next saturday, please be kind and gentle with the french rugby team. This not a good period of time  for them (horse meat?)

looking forward to earing from you

Claude & Catherine

Lancia Beta Coupe 2000 I.E. 1983
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2013, 09:14:27 PM »

You are a legend Claude !

I think you will be welcomed :-)

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
James

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2013, 12:47:05 PM »

Dear All

Hope you had a lovely Easter

Just wanted to inform you that events for Saturday have now been planned, and full details will be revealed soon. I'm pretty sure everyone will enjoy it- might even get competitive!!

Please remember to make any bookings that include accomodation directly with the hotel on 01234 783142, and any day package bookings through me.

Space at the hotel is limited, so please book now to avoid disappointment- day bookings are virtually unlimited, however all bookings need to be made by Friday 26th April

If you have any problems, questions queries, need additional assistance or information, or want to chat about the event, please do contact me at any time on 07910 219 333, message me here, or email jamesc1980@aol.com

Very best wishes
James
VXdeMayo

« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2013, 02:05:27 PM »

Dear James,
Just to let you know that Anne and I have booked the two day package for this years event. Looking forward to it as I am sure you all are. Just out of interest how are the bookings going, as "traffic" on this subject has appeared a bit quite since it's announcement?

On the subject of which car we are bringing this year it looks like "Lulu" will not be ready, as I have been working on another big car related project instead, namely a proper garage facility for our cars and stuff! We have recently bought an old piggery nearby and plan to revamp it into a garage/ workshop (bolthole). The internal dimensions are 42ft long by 23ft wide and set in 0.2 of an acre. So plenty of potential I hope!

So If it's ok with you guys we will be coming up in our 1983 Pininfarina Spyder. Lets hope the weather is good.

If you haven't booked yet make sure you have before Friday 26th April.

Best wishes,
Chas and Anne. Grin

"Baldric - I have a cunning plan" (Oh - ah, maybe not)!
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2013, 08:20:21 PM »

Hi Chaz

Your garage sound like a garage from heaven  Cheesy
Not sure on numbers, will be speaking to James over the weekend to finalize things
which reminds me I still need to book Huh?, been meaning to do it for the last month
I'm going to send a email to all forum members reminding everyone of the deadline.

Should be a cracking weekend
Cheers Tony

« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 11:08:01 PM by Admin » Logged

1981 Beta Coupe 1600
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
VXdeMayo

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2013, 09:26:37 PM »

Dear Tony,
It's not quite a garage from heaven yet. It needs a new roof, entrance way concreted, complete fitting out inside, decking to rear and security added. It is a great project which I hope will take a year or so. I will post a couple of pics soon.  When finished we could have a small meet here maybe? It is just 4 miles from Marks premises, so will be convenient for the Betaboyz! (Oh I will be installing a kitchen area complete with man fridge etc).
I reckon that the turning area outside will accomodate six guests, as long as they are Italian of course!
See you soon.
Best,
Chas and Anne. Smiley Smiley Grin

Dodgems

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2013, 02:21:13 PM »

Hi All

Thank you very much James for organising this years event. We are booked for the whole weekend package and really looking forward to it!

We are hoping to bring our Spyder along this year after she was taken off the road in November for a complete overhaul. We have cleaned and repaired a VX interior to go in and we are currently having integrale wheels refurbished and re-sprayed in Exeter and a new hood made. She is going to be sprayed White instead of the flat grey micro-blistered condition we bought her in.

Chas: We will be up in the next few days to have a look at this piggery and reserve the best parking places!

Looking forward to meeting everyone again and hopefully a few of you will be at Bristol!

Cheers
Amanda 

Amanda Dodge - Taunton, Somerset

1979-Series 2 Spyder
1985-Volumex Coupe
1976 Lancia Beta Saloon
cgo75

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2013, 09:32:35 AM »

Dear James,
Just to let you know that this year event now turns out to be an international one Grin as we have just registered for the whole weekend package. We will come from Paris with our 1983 2000 I.E. Coupe

Looking forward to meeting british Beta fanatics

Claude & Catherine

Lancia Beta Coupe 2000 I.E. 1983
James

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2013, 11:49:14 AM »

Dear all

Please remember that this is the last official week that bookings are being taken for our annual event on the weekend of 8th June

After this week, you can still book any of the hotel packages subject to availability- but the remainder of the rooms will go back on general release, so there is no guarantee you will get a room.

The day package and gala dinner is virtually unlimited in terms of numbers, but will need to be booked in advance through me

Any questions, as always, please get in touch with me

Best wishes
James
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2013, 06:06:45 AM »

Hi James

Unfortunately myself and Mrs Novat will not be able to attend this year, having just relocated we have a huge amount of work to do here.  Once we have broken the back of the work and we have mire spare time available I'm sure we will be attending a few events in the UK again.

I hope it all goes well and I look forward to hearing about it and seeing some photos.

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
johnb

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2013, 04:47:07 PM »

Hi James
all booked for Friday and Saturday. Looking forward to seeing everyone who can make it there.

Cheers
John

1977 Beta 2000 HPE (2nd Series), 1981 Beta 2000 Coupe (2nd Series/FL), 1988 Delta HF Integrale 8v
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 08:02:24 PM »

quick update!

the hotel are now booking rooms to the public, they have asked any members wishing to attend to book asap to avoid disappointment

Itinerary is so far as follows:

Fri 7th June
Check in from 2pm onwards, informal dinner

Sat 8th June

Breakfast for those staying

10am Photo call, Depart as convoy to Weston, Herts

11:30am Arrive at Halls Green vor classic car show http://www.lgccvcc.co.uk/picnicFlyer2013.pdf
Entry fee will probably be covered as entertainment will be cancelled due to low numbers....TBC

1:30pm Lunch at The Rising Sun, walking distance from the show- again, funds depending, a light lunch may now be included, but TBC

7:00pm Dinner- AGAIN the shape of dinner may change now due to low numbers, it may just be a large table in the restaurant - we just cannot justify a whole suite with 10-15 people- this does however mean that anyone who wants to may be able to turn up for a meal- I dont want to undermine those that have booked for something bigger so maybe we need to talk about this

Sun 9th June
Breakfast and departure by 11am

1981 Beta Coupe 1600
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
VXdeMayo

« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 10:15:12 PM »

Thanks Tony for your help in this event. I am sure all that are booked are looking forward to the weekend, and the programme certainly met with approval from Anne, say no more! It's a shame more people haven't booked, but I hope more turn up for the day and visit the car show along with the rest of us! Look forward to seeing Claud and his wife again after their Channel hop. (PS: We owe you a drink)

If you can arrange the weather to be as good as last year that would be good.........No pressure!
Best,
Chas and Anne. Grin

Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2013, 06:11:27 PM »

Tony

Don't be too down hearted by the lowish numbers attending the hotel part of the event. This has been an incredibly busy spring in Lancia circles. The LMC has had Great Northern Weekend (GNW), Welsh Weekend and Fulvia 50 in the space of less than nine weeks. Perhaps it's not surprising that they are struggling to fill rooms at their National Weekend in four weeks time.

Personally my events budget only runs to two hotel weekends a year. I went to GNW as it is the closest to me and I like to support the limited number of Lancia events in the North of England (it was pretty much snowed off, so the hotel bit of it ended up being pretty important!). As an LMC committee member I'm pretty much obliged to go to the National Weekend, though I'd probably have gone to Fulvia 50 if it wasn't so far away.

As an indication of how crowded the calendar is, some LMC Committee members even suggested skipping the National Weekend all together!

Hopefully the National Weekend and BetaMeeta will attract a lot of day trippers.
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2013, 09:49:15 PM »

Hi Chaps

We all knew trying to follow last years event would be tough call
James has done all the work organizing this years event, so all credit to him  Wink
what ever the numbers its going to be a good weekend, I was at Goodwood today for the LMC trackday and a couple more people are very interested Grin
also had a fair amount of emails with people wishing to attend one day

don't worry if you don't have a Beta on the road (I'm taking my VW) all Lancia folk welcome

Cheers
Tony

1981 Beta Coupe 1600
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
gengis

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2013, 11:13:02 PM »

I hope to make this event...well from Saturday.  Just got the Coupe back from the paint shop and everything is going well on the rebuild...fingers crossed for the re-instatement of the windscreens.  The wife will phone the hotel on Monday.

John.

1983 - Lancia Beta Coupe
1982 - Fiat 124 Spider
2012 - Alfa Romeo Mito
2011 - Fiat Fiorino
2006 - BMW F800st
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: