Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:38:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: LMC AGM at Crewe Hall  (Read 5508 times)
smithymc

« on: September 23, 2012, 06:46:35 PM »

Is anyone going along next weekend?

My car wont be ready I'm afraid as I have had several distractions during the summer, but I want to go have a look at a few cars in the flesh on Sunday morning to gain the inspiration to get on with mine.

It would be good to put a few faces to names.

Mark
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2012, 06:48:45 AM »

I'll be there and I've planned the Saturday drives. I'll post them later.
Ammy

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2012, 03:47:01 PM »

Could someone confirm location of  "Crewe Hall"  please
Thotos

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2012, 04:11:26 PM »

Crewe Hall Hotel
Weston Road
Crewe
Cheshire
CW1 6UZ

From their website:

Directions

Leave the M6 at Junction 16 and take the A500 towards Crewe. At the first roundabout, take the last exit (A5020) signposted Crewe. At the next roundabout take the first exit. The entrance to Crewe Hall is a few hundred yards along on the right.

For door-to-door public transport information, please visit the Transport Direct website.

Nearest train station

Crewe – 2.2 miles

Nearest airport

Manchester International Airport – 29 miles

Bus route

Bus number N85 departs from Crewe Train Station every hour and stops at the hotel

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ie=utf-8&gl=uk&daddr=Weston+Rd,+Crewe,+Cheshire+CW1+6UZ&panel=1&f=d&fb=1&dirflg=d&geocode=0,53.082168,-2.400169&cid=0,0,8134551142942394598&hq=crewe+hall&hnear=crewe+hall&ei=U3dgUPO7MNO1hAetuoDwBg&ved=0CJABEPUX

Theo Kyriacou
Ammy

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2012, 04:18:27 PM »

Thank you Theo,  couldn't believe that it was an event close to me in Cheshire ! ! !  What are the timings ?
Thotos

Theo Kyriacou

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2012, 04:25:38 PM »

Sorry, I don't have that information to hand so I'll let someone else answer that question.

Theo Kyriacou
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2012, 05:02:20 PM »

Thank you Theo,  couldn't believe that it was an event close to me in Cheshire ! ! !  What are the timings ?

Hi

Here is the LMC link, hope that helps.

http://www.lanciamotorclub.co.uk/AGM/agm.htm

Not sure on the protocol, but suspect you would need to be a member to join in, but you would need to ask! Sadly I will not be going, even though it is a 'Northern' meeting this time round as have to be in London this weekend.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2012, 06:09:58 PM »

Summary of the guided drives. They start from 1030 on Saturday. (£25 if your not booked into the hotel I think).

Guided Route 1 – Hotel to the Peak District (Blue John Cavern & Buxton) returning via Jodrell Bank (approx 85 miles).

Summary

This route takes you to the Peak District via the B5470, a spectacular drivers road, then down to Buxton, the capital of the Peak District. An interesting Victorian Spa town with many pubs, restaurants, shops and cafes. You then head back West via the A537 'Cat & Fiddle'. A route considered by motorcyclists as the equal of the Isle of Man TT Circuit. Unfortunately the Department of Transport appear to agree with them and have recently installed average speed cameras to enforce the 50 MPH limit. Hopefully this won't spoil your drive on another great road!? The route ends at the massive Jodrell Bank radio telescope on the Cheshire plain.

Blue John Cavern; a large Peak pot hole accessible via steps. Entrance is £9.00 adults, £7.00 Student/OAP, £4.50 under 15's, £25.00 family. Alternatively enjoy the spectacular view from the car park with a cup of tea!

Buxton; as above a charming Victorian spa town. Lunch or shopping?

The Cat & Fiddle Inn; a large moorland pub giving it's name to the famous motorbike route. Possible lunch stop.

Lovell Science Centre (Jodrell Bank); Visitors centre includes a walk round these massive telescopes. Adults £6.50, Child/OAP/Student £4.50, family £20.00.

Guided Route 2 – Hotel to Chester via Jodrell Bank returning via the Cheshire Countryside. (approx 75 miles)

Summary

This route takes you to the ancient walled City of Chester via the Lovell Science centre, returning via the countryside of South Cheshire. The route is designed to be less prescriptive with the prospect of omitting Jodrell Bank and the possibility of diverting to Oulton Park Race Track and Beeston Castle.

Lovell Science Centre; as above.

Oulton Park; no events scheduled on this week but possibly worth a visit.

Chester; the route suggests utilising the Park & Ride facilities as the City has a slightly complicated road system and some roadworks at the moment, but feel free to drive in and find parking. You will then need to make your way back to the B5130 to resume the route. Chester is a historic Roman city, very much York in miniature, with numerous attractions and top rank shopping.

Beeston Castle; an English Heritage monument built on a rock escarpment with views of surrounding Cheshire. Adults £5.70, Children £3.40, Student/OAP £5.10.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: