Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:31:38 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Another new member.  (Read 3660 times)
Dr Acula

« on: October 23, 2012, 08:01:51 PM »

Hi folks, name's Steve,
Been looking at the site for a while, so thought it rude not to register. Grin
Just bought myself a '77 spider in white with brown interior, overall in good condition now I've managed to get it going.Seems it needed a bucket full of petrol and half a can of easy start and it fired into life. OK it sounded like the opening scene from 'Saving Private Ryan' but at least I know it works !!
Headlights need resilvering/replacing, they are the ones built into a single unit.Windscreen has two wipe scratches on them, right infront of drivers view ( mot failure I believe ), and doors dont lock,button goes up and down on the key, but just doesn't look on either side.Bit unusual for similar problem on both sides !  Huh?
If I ever manage to get pics up on photo bucket (keeps putting up ones I've dDELETED from my computer ), then I'll show it to you. Cheesy
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2012, 08:16:48 PM »

Welcome Steve!

The good news is that you are in the right place!!

The even better news is that most of your cars issues are easy to resolve.  Sounds like the engine needs a good service and all the usual things like timing & belts checked any a good thrash to blow the cobwebs out.

Door locks should be pretty straight forward to resolve.  Could even be that the interior Locking tabs needs to be adjusted upwards slightly to allow for a bit more travel downwards as the key is rotated in the barrel (Small phillips screwdriver, lift the tab up and you'll see a screw, undo raise the tab up a wee bit and then tighten up screw.  If that does not work remove the tab briefly and rotate a couple of turns the metal block that the plastic tab screws onto, refit the tab.

Windscreen scratches can be polished out, I personally tend to leave this to the Pro's - I think last time I had it done it was £50 (that was a single wiper scratch)

New headlight bowls are available, but you'd need to check with a few folk on here that have that style of headlight... both my cars are the four individual bowls style.

Where are you located?  There may be members nearby who can assist...

Look forward to seeing the car  Grin

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2012, 08:24:52 PM »

I should have added... don't be afraid to ask questions, you won't get flamed by anyone.

The worst that could happen is that someone might recommend using the search facility first  Wink

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
Dr Acula

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2012, 01:17:38 PM »

Managed to upload to photobucket,used a different camera today,so here it is in all it's 'glory' !
(12 pics)

Anyone know anything about it??
Last owner since '98, and previous owner since '88 according to V5.
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2012, 02:18:42 PM »

So it's an early Series 2 Spider, interior looks remarkably clean and hasn't been abused.  Even the carpet still looks brown rather than the usual "faded by the sunlight" look.  

It looks pretty much complete, so fingers crossed there are no nasty structural surprises.

BTW - Is that a Delta Turbo in the garage with Integrale 8v headlights fitted?

« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 02:24:43 PM by MattNoVAT » Logged

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2012, 03:22:07 PM »

wasn't that for sale on eBay by ex-lancia dealers Halfway garage? I thought it didn't look at all bad in pictures seats appear to have been recovered but the rest looks quite straight and original
lanciamad
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lanciamad

England England

Marcus Robinson

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2012, 03:42:17 PM »

Hi Steve, welcome to the forum! Smiley
Car looks great from the pictures, looks like you've picked up a half decent one. Hope it's as good underneath and you've got a great car there.
I like the use of hose pipe as one of the coolant hoses, a very that'll do the job in it's past, but you cant knock it if its done the job so far.
My guess is, 1600 gt with 8v bumper and lights Huh? A "B" reg delta isn't something you see often!
Marcus.

1982 - Lancia Beta HPE 2000ie http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=472.0
1989 - Lancia Delta 16v integrale
1992 - Lancia Thema 2.0 16v Turbo
2001 - Honda Civic Type R EP3
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2012, 05:19:52 PM »

Hi Steve

Welcome to the forum, I saw that on Ebay and was a little tempted as mine is same vintage, just the 1600 and looks like yours probably does not need the work mine has had.... and it cost you a whole lot less than I paid as well.

Looks like you have a few bits to find, which on the early ones takes some patience, but looks like a good starting point.

Also looks like the seats have been decently recovered, I never liked the original vinyl covering.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Dr Acula

« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2012, 07:29:18 PM »

Some of you will have seen these Delta pics elsewhere.Now on an either further back burner, at least it is in the council lock up ! Smiley

Was an early carb turbo, but whoever first owned it spent thousands and up rated to 2.0 ltr,documents recon 300bhp, but nitrous removed so should be back down to original upgrade of 210.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: