Lancia Beta Forum
April 20, 2024, 09:46:46 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta Restorations - how many?  (Read 9668 times)
moorelli67

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2009, 02:34:10 PM »

Hello all. I have a 1981 (although it is on an '83 Y reg plate which was the year it was imported from South Africa by its first owner when they moved to the UK) Spider in mid-restoration at the moment that seems to be going remarkably to plan! Probably spoken to soon though as it is going for it's MOT work and an engine strip and rebuild in 2 weeks. No problems with the engine just a precaution as I remember how expensive it was the last time I blew up a 1600 Coupe back in 1984. Normal cosmetic stuff needs doing, seats need attention, electrics need fettling, couple of small areas of bubbling stuff under the surface and a rather low quality re-spray to replace at some stage. Having bought one car that I had to scrap due to the severity of the dreaded brown suff last year, I'm hoping I've bought more wisely the second time around. I'll keep you posted.
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #21 on: April 26, 2009, 03:47:00 PM »

Well, after 3+ months away my car is being delivered back on Monday.

I have to refit everything but thats OK - just have to do that after holiday my "Boys fishing holiday in France"  in May (My other hobby/passion)

Need to do lots of cleaning and then refitting but should not take that long. As I've done this several times before.

The coach works company have a memory stick of mine, full of progress photos of all the work I've had done.
I have the spare metal sections that I had formed for roof line repairs. 
Rather than swamp the BetaBoyz site with my pics I'll put them up on my website.

Ended up having whole car bare metal stripped and repainted, expensive but the finish is worth it !

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: