Lancia Beta Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:02:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Any reason to not use Delphi or SWAG track rod ends?  (Read 10923 times)
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« on: June 29, 2013, 11:26:13 PM »

Hi All

Have to replace both track rod ends as seals gone on both.

Have seen Delphi and SWAG advertised and appear very low cost, so would like some feedback if anyone has experience using either to save me a waste of money etc.

Also if anyone has another recommendation?

Thanks

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 06:43:15 AM »

Peter, I have used Delphi in the past without any quality issues, so i used their track rod ends on the blue coupe restoration.

I also bought spares for my spare steering racks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
benmondo

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2013, 06:24:26 AM »

In my daily job I change a lot of suspension parts,and most pattern parts seem to come from one place and then just packaged in a box that the suits the selling company. I have seen the quality of the rubber on all suspension parts drop very recently. Some have perished within six months of fitting. Some of these parts where not cheap pattern parts, but very good named pattern parts. If you can buy old stock pattern parts that would be my advise.
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2013, 11:38:01 PM »

In my daily job I change a lot of suspension parts,and most pattern parts seem to come from one place and then just packaged in a box that the suits the selling company. I have seen the quality of the rubber on all suspension parts drop very recently. Some have perished within six months of fitting. Some of these parts where not cheap pattern parts, but very good named pattern parts. If you can buy old stock pattern parts that would be my advise.
I agree buying new parts these days is like Russian roulette except that the odds of buying a crap Chinese component are much higher than getting shot! Luckily I suppose for the moment beta parts are often quite old stock anyway or still made in Italy as demand isn't very high. eBay is a good place to buy, tatty boxes that have spent 20 years on a motor factor shelf fill me with the most confidence and are often a cheap buy too. Sadly I think old stock will run dry then we might all struggle or have to pay crazy prices like those that sometimes pop up from eBay.it
After market components for modern cars are a real headache quality is rarely satisfactory and original equipment always cost a fortune whatever make, even those marketed as OE equivalent quality are often garbage.
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2013, 08:10:53 AM »

All very depressing for the future methinks....

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: