Lancia Beta Forum
April 19, 2024, 07:35:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: fast idle  (Read 2479 times)
credders

« on: September 01, 2012, 05:52:09 PM »

since ive had my 1600coupe its ticked over at 1500+rpm when warm,at 1st i thought it was auto choke sticking but that is ok, ive backed off throttle stops so nothings touching, still same. on the secondary choke there is a stop that goes up from underneath this is now the only stop touching, i cant move it without removing the carb, am i missing something obvious or could this be it,also if i put my hand over the secondary choke as to block it off am i right in thinking that would prove the secondary stop is the prob if the revs drop?
credders

« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2012, 06:09:06 PM »

talk about missing the obvious ! previous owner must have set tickover on the throttle cable. i did feel it at 1st and thought there was enough slack. i was wrong. backed the cable off took it up on the stop. happy again. Grin
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2012, 06:39:50 PM »

We all have moments like this Smiley

Glad it was an easy fix

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
credders

« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2012, 07:07:01 PM »

me too.gunna take it for a run 2moro as i havent had chance for a while due to bein busy at work or the weather bein rhubarb.things like that tickover tend to put you off, pulling up at meets or shows revin far to high is annoying.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: