Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:05:39 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Camshaft wheels  (Read 2164 times)
tnsmttg

« on: August 30, 2012, 06:23:30 PM »

Hi All
It has been so many years since I worked for a Lancia dealer that the brain cannot recall the following so I wonder if someone can help.
The cam belt on my 2.0l Spyder seems to be out of line and running over the edge of the cam wheels, it has damaged the inlet wheel guide lip. However, I have noticed that the inlet wheel is of a fibre material and so is the auxiliary shaft wheel but the exhaust cam wheel is metal. Should the metal wheel be on the auxiliary shaft or has someone replaced something with a non standard part?

Tim
WestonE
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 07:20:31 PM »

Tim

You have the earlier cambelt pulley spec there the later 2000 engines have cast iron 25mm wide cam pulleys with no flanges and the Aux DS pulley is either fibre with a rear flange or on IE and VX engines sintered steel with a rear flange. The other area to check is whether you have a beta 2000 cam belt tensioner as the beta 1600 is a smaller diameter and 132/ 131/ Montecarlo have a narrower tensioner on a taller back plate.

There is a good chance you have an earlier head on that engine.

Eric 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: