Lancia Beta Forum
June 04, 2020, 01:48:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: BetaMeeta20 11th July 2020
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=4080.0

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: HPE windscreen  (Read 13070 times)
VXdeMayo

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2012, 11:33:57 AM »

Dear Andrew,
I am so glad that you "can see your way clear" through this brain numbing saga. I will now hold onto my old spare screen for now (slight misting at the corners or not), given your bad experience.

There is a slight ironic twist to this windscreen saga: ---------- MY middle name is Pilkington! Long story, not for now!

PS: Seeing you have demonstrated loads of determined tenacity,  how would you feel about dealing with my frozen nipples on my brake calipers?
I have cleaned the calipers throughly, soaked them in penetrating oil for days, repeated when dry and so on. I have applied heat from a butane gaz torch for 5 minutes or more on three occasions to enable the differing rates of expansion to kick in (steel verse alloy etc), to no avail
Of the four only ONE has budged! I have not yet snapped any off but it could happen soon.
Suggestions on a postcard please.
Well done,
Chas and Anne. Smiley

"Baldric - I have a cunning plan" (Oh - ah, maybe not)!
spud

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2012, 02:03:50 PM »

...I have applied heat from a butane gaz torch for 5 minutes or more on three occasions to enable the differing rates of expansion to kick in (steel verse alloy etc), to no avail...Chas and Anne. Smiley
I was told years ago not to apply heat but to freeze them... my local engineer has freed a few over the years for me and I'm sure that's what he does. Anyone else got an opinion?

Alternatively, sod the nipples and use these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M10-x-1-25-banjo-bolt-with-bleed-screw-nipple-/160724310059?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item256bea582b

Work perfectly. My car has six.

Andrew.

Montecarlo S2 Spyder
HPE VX
Y10 GTi.e. x2
Various other non Lancia projects...
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2012, 05:27:47 PM »

Hi Andrew

Now that looks like a sensible solution, I assume you have to be careful to orientate the caliper so the air from the piston vents as well?

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Saab 9-3 1.9Tid Cabrio
WestonE

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2012, 05:53:38 PM »

Peter

These bleed screws in the bolts are high enough to work perfectly and were made for motorbikes which also have bleed screws seize in place. They are a great solution for Beta owners.

Eric
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2012, 07:00:42 PM »

Mark W sells these and I have used a set but not on a Beta but pretty much identical brake calipers, they work brilliantly ! 

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the back of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you send the wall across the field once youve hit it.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: