Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:07:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: HPE windscreen  (Read 18543 times)
VXdeMayo

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #40 on: July 24, 2012, 11:33:57 AM »

Dear Andrew,
I am so glad that you "can see your way clear" through this brain numbing saga. I will now hold onto my old spare screen for now (slight misting at the corners or not), given your bad experience.

There is a slight ironic twist to this windscreen saga: ---------- MY middle name is Pilkington! Long story, not for now!

PS: Seeing you have demonstrated loads of determined tenacity,  how would you feel about dealing with my frozen nipples on my brake calipers?
I have cleaned the calipers throughly, soaked them in penetrating oil for days, repeated when dry and so on. I have applied heat from a butane gaz torch for 5 minutes or more on three occasions to enable the differing rates of expansion to kick in (steel verse alloy etc), to no avail
Of the four only ONE has budged! I have not yet snapped any off but it could happen soon.
Suggestions on a postcard please.
Well done,
Chas and Anne. Smiley

"Baldric - I have a cunning plan" (Oh - ah, maybe not)!
spud

« Reply #41 on: July 24, 2012, 02:03:50 PM »

...I have applied heat from a butane gaz torch for 5 minutes or more on three occasions to enable the differing rates of expansion to kick in (steel verse alloy etc), to no avail...Chas and Anne. Smiley
I was told years ago not to apply heat but to freeze them... my local engineer has freed a few over the years for me and I'm sure that's what he does. Anyone else got an opinion?

Alternatively, sod the nipples and use these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/M10-x-1-25-banjo-bolt-with-bleed-screw-nipple-/160724310059?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item256bea582b

Work perfectly. My car has six.

Andrew.

Montecarlo S2 Spyder
HPE VX
Y10 GTi.e. x2
Various other non Lancia projects...
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2012, 05:27:47 PM »

Hi Andrew

Now that looks like a sensible solution, I assume you have to be careful to orientate the caliper so the air from the piston vents as well?

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2012, 05:53:38 PM »

Peter

These bleed screws in the bolts are high enough to work perfectly and were made for motorbikes which also have bleed screws seize in place. They are a great solution for Beta owners.

Eric
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #44 on: July 24, 2012, 07:00:42 PM »

Mark W sells these and I have used a set but not on a Beta but pretty much identical brake calipers, they work brilliantly ! 

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: