Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:40:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: wheel bearings  (Read 9072 times)
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: August 10, 2012, 11:01:35 AM »

just thought I'd copy across a post that I made in another section I'll clarify and add to this when I can

FAG 562398A 37x72x37
Please check carefully before you buy as I can't be responsible if I've made a mistake but also fits some thema/dedra some front, dedra turbo front/rear, montecarlo, probably some Alfa as well, renault 19 front, renault 21 1.7 w/o abs front, clio s1 s2 front, megane 1 front renault part number apparently 7700432404  also note that some of the later fiat/alfa/lancia fitments may be supplied as a complete hub which is not much use to us!
Renault kits are very cheap on eBay but of course many are potentially nasty Chinese bearings, obviously the retaining nut/clip are incorrect for a Beta but the bearing should fit  (not tried it though....)

http://www.fersa.com/onlineCatalog/additionalInfo.aspx?idReference=F+16031

http://www.loziska-bearings.sk/Data/1167/UserFiles/FAG%20auto%20E5194d01.PDF
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 03:49:44 PM »

lancia part number for wheel bearing is 822898416 (s1 front)  82287156 (rear s1) or 82289841 front/rear from about 1979(?)  (this number also Gamma series 1 rear) there is also a later number 82374669 which is also the same front or rear. I think this is just the bearing not a 'kit'  with ring nut etc. Incidentally if you can find old stock after market kits on eBay with the nuts included they are well worth having. The ring nut is different on the front and rear so front and rear kits will differ but I believe the bearing itself is the same, however to confuse matters the part number for early front or rear bearings is not the same! Confused? Well certainly I am! I think the early part numbers might vary because early cars were noted for early failure of wheel bearings so maybe the bearing quality was respecified/improved.  Maybe Matt can confirm if indeed the series 1 cars did have the same bearing front and rear or not?
VXdeMayo

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2012, 12:01:08 PM »

Dear Rossocorsa (and all),
I have just picked up a bearing "kit" on ebay recently. It was advertised as being suitable for the Lancia Beta HPE VX 1984.
It was a Quinton Hazell kit (QWB260) packaged PAIR of bearings. This was marked suitable for " Beta Front & Rear from 1972 onwards.

The first bearing was:

SKF  marked "Italy" 633028 CB
inner diameter: 36.96mm.
width: 37.00mm.
outer Diameter: 72.00mm.
 (This checks out with another sellers site which quotes the OE Lancia number as : 82374669. Therefore this is a later "kit" I have got.)

The second bearing in the pack was:
SKF marked "Germany" 3619040
inner diameter: 35.00mm
width: 22.50mm
outer diameter: 67.00mm.

Now I have not yet had the (dis)pleasure of replacing said bearings front or rear, but is the second one in this "kit" correct? Should it even be in there? The box it came in was very broken (as described), but I got this bearing for a tenner, so it was worth a punt.

I am hoping the first one is correct for my 84' VX but the second is a mystery. Finally should I have received additional locknuts / washer with this and if so where can I get some?
Best,
Chas and Anne. Huh?

"Baldric - I have a cunning plan" (Oh - ah, maybe not)!
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2012, 02:03:56 PM »

qwb260 is correct for a beta but AFAIK that would include just one bearing, not sure if you would get the nut with it or not, the extra bearing would appear to have been added accidentally to the pack at some point
VXdeMayo

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2012, 03:36:21 PM »

Thanks for your quick reply. What a service!
Chas. Smiley

thecolonel
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2012, 06:06:14 PM »

Second bearing sounds like a tensioner bearing of some sort
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2012, 06:39:11 PM »

I thought that but I think its not a Lancia one, 22.5 is too narrow for a beta
« Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 08:08:36 AM by rossocorsa » Logged
f1fascination

Australia Australia

« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2012, 02:09:54 AM »

Yes guys, the wheel bearing situation can be a bit confusing. My Beta still had all of it's original bearings, bar one, in the original SKF Italy part. The numbers were still legible, so I just emailed a few bearing stockists here in Perth, and found them to come as a kit (with a washer and dust seal, not applicable for a Beta, but apparently suitable for a Ford 9" diff!) for a bout AUD$50.00 per kit.
Front and rears are the same on my Second Series, Pre-facelifted, brown-dash-with-oblong-headlamps Coupe.
They are a decent Japan brand, but cheaper thank the SKF or FAG part, though I'm assured just as good.
The retaining rings are different front and rear, but are readily and cheaply available from Midwest Bayless in the U.S., or Ebay if you get lucky.
Midwest Bayless also sell a nifty tool for turning the retaining nut in the hub, but if they're are anything like mine, you will need a big hammer and chisel to get them moving!
The tool is very handy for fitting the new ones though.
Hope this helps.

"Whatever is rightly done, however humble, is noble."
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2012, 06:56:11 AM »

I think the second mystery bearing that Chas had included is the bearing that sits in the support bracket which the  diff output shaft  passes through.   (The shaft that runs horizontally across the back of the engine and connects to the O/S drive shaft)

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2012, 07:58:08 AM »

I think the second mystery bearing that Chas had included is the bearing that sits in the support bracket which the  diff output shaft  passes through.   (The shaft that runs horizontally across the back of the engine and connects to the O/S drive shaft)

interesting idea, that part is 82309352 now I need to find the skf number for that!
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2012, 08:04:26 AM »

a quick internet check reveals that apparently it is 62206-2RS?Huh? which is ID 30 OD 62 width 20 but I am not sure if that is correct or not
VXdeMayo

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2012, 10:00:17 AM »

Guys,
I just did a quick check on Matt's idea that it was the diff output shaft bearing.
"Although simlar, it's not same".

The dimensions of the diff output shaft bearing are:
62.00mm OD.
35.8mmmm ID.
Width 20mm.
SKF part number is : 62206-2RS1.

"simples".
Chas. Wink

rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2012, 10:19:41 AM »

Chas I think your ID figure is incorrect should be 30mm?

HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2012, 10:24:21 AM »

a quick internet check reveals that apparently it is 62206-2RS?Huh? which is ID 30 OD 62 width 20 but I am not sure if that is correct or not

-2RS means two plastic grease seals, -2ZS would mean two metal grease seals. The last two digits give the shaft size usually (but not allways) *5 to get the size in mm ie 06*5=30mm

The rest determines the bearing type and it's 'weight' ie light, medium or heavy duty.
VXdeMayo

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2012, 09:44:11 PM »

Dear Rossocorsa,
I  checked the dimensions of my diff output shaft bearing once again, and it is 35.8mm. Perhaps the VX models have an uprated shaft to cope with the extra torque? seems logical seeing as they changed everthing else?
What do you think?
Best,
Chas. Smiley

rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2012, 10:11:44 PM »

possible but i suspect unlikely i will check the  microfiche.

Sent from my MOMO11 bird using Tapatalk 2
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: