Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:05:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Earthing problems perhaps?  (Read 2352 times)
Betared

« on: August 09, 2012, 09:37:17 PM »

Hi all, Can anyone offer an opinion on my latest dilemma?  On my Beta coupe with the engine idling the ignition warning lamp can be seen glowing faintly.If I press the brake pedal it glows brighter, and the same happens when I switch the heater fan on, brighter and brighter still at step 2. Headlight operation has no effect. The voltage across the battery at idle is around 13.7v. I've cleaned and copper slipped the earthing points in the boot and under the headlamps and on the bulkhead. Any thoughts?
David.
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2012, 09:43:46 PM »

Switching on the fan always makes the red light glow!  All of my Betas have done this some more than others.

But the alternator should be pushing out 14.4v so the regulator could be on its way out.

Switching on the wipers should make it glow too, it's a feature of Italian electrics Smiley

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
Betared

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2012, 10:02:51 PM »

Thanks for that, Matt, looks like I'll have to live with this little idiosincricity then.
David.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: