Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:32:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fitting gear linkage bushes  (Read 7654 times)
lanciamad
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lanciamad

England England

Marcus Robinson

« on: March 18, 2012, 09:01:18 PM »

I'm in the process of changing the gear linkage bushes on my hpe, i've managed to fit them without any hassle to the linkage; just after some advice about fitting the linkage to the car.

I took the easy option my removing the bracketry off the gearbox and pressing that one in with the vice

The other end of the linkage looks to be more troublesome, do you need to remove part of the linkage to press the bush onto the ball stud, or should I be able to get away with keeping everything in place and using a hydraulic jack to push the linkage up onto the stud?

Opinions?

1982 - Lancia Beta HPE 2000ie http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=472.0
1989 - Lancia Delta 16v integrale
1992 - Lancia Thema 2.0 16v Turbo
2001 - Honda Civic Type R EP3
WestonE
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 10:07:37 PM »

Find a G clamp or water pump pliers to squeeze it together having put grease in first.

Eric
thirdbrother3

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2012, 11:52:16 AM »

ive used water pump pliers as part of an emergency repair.

my friend had been used to driving an auto so was perhaps a little rough with the worn linkages. typically this was in the queue for the cross channel ferry. got the car on the ferry with only 3rd and 4th gear available (anyone smell clutch!), then spent the crossing inspecting the haynes manual.

access  is tricky with the parts fitted, and without decent lift (see photo) but i found an arm through the driveshaft rubber the best access for the water pump plyers. as a temporary fix i also put a combination of tie clips around them to allow movement but prevent ball popping out during European tour.
archigraphe

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2012, 12:21:11 PM »

It was exactly the same problem with my first "official" rally on the "boucle de Chareleroi",  In the start of the rally in the "closed park", I lost the 1st, 2nd , 5th and rear gear..... Shocked

I've doing the two first special, with only 3rd and 4th gear.... In start of the night, I've decided to stop the rally..

I can confirm this is a very idiot failure...... Undecided , I could repair on the park.... but It was my first Beta and I was a litle young to rapidly find the failure...

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: