Lancia Beta Forum
April 19, 2024, 03:22:48 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: mot  (Read 1876 times)
Tony B

mot
« on: August 13, 2012, 09:31:32 PM »

To quote Coldplay - nobody said it was easy....

I took her Friday last to try and keep the Ministry happy but a job on the ramp was running late and so today (Monday) was test day. Now I'd not hidden the 5p sized hole in the outer sill (is it cill?) which I could have bodged  and got away with but I wanted to be straight with her and get my Blue Peter Badge and so forth. I'd even used The Jedi mind trick and the incentive of a belt and tensioner change (supplied) and so I'd expected, the nervous wait, pacing up and down outside, midwives in and out, gas and air and in the end delivering my first daughter because the midwife went AWOL (no I really did) but because I've been embroiled in a fairly large and depressing theft investigation at work, the day went very quickly and my other Baby was mentally put aside..

So when I belled the garage at around 2.00pm, they said the care was "fine" (and so it f*****g should be with the money and time spent) but it had "electrical issues"Huh?!! It seems the single rear fog light didn't work, the application of brakes interrupted the side light operation and the hazzards (take note American friends this is how we spell and we were here first so deal with it) only flashed on the O/S??!

Having checked checked all of the above not once but twice (Think Bike etc) - the inevitable WTF? surfaced in my questioning. To be absolutely fair, they said it was clearly and earth issue and said if I bobbed in, had a mess with it (and the car  Wink) then it'd cost me nowt extra. So I did just that and after a bit of thrutching (is that really a phrase?) it was happy days with the lights and hazzards.

So Wednesday will bring a decent sill / cill / etc repair and a brand new MOT. New belt and tensioner and all the rest of the stuff I've done over the last 4 months.

The last tax disc is 1993 as is the MOT. I think this old Girl deserves to enjoy her old age and maybe live just that little bit longer. Cool

Tony B - Maybe Soon to have MOT.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 09:46:10 PM by Tony B » Logged
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 10:49:13 PM »

We wanna see a picture of you driving off into the sunset waving your new MOT.

Bet you'll have a huge beaming smile on your face! Smiley

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
VXdeMayo

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 09:32:18 AM »

Dear Tony,
well done etc. I'm sure it will be worth all the gas and air.

PS: Once you get your MOT can you come down here and use your jedi mind trick on "Lulu"? I still haven't has a chance to flush out the "running issue"!
(The Olympics and some landscape gardening have kind of got in the way of things.)

"Much gratefulness I see in him - huum!"

best,
Chas and Anne. Roll Eyes

"Baldric - I have a cunning plan" (Oh - ah, maybe not)!
cheeky monkey

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 09:43:33 AM »

Tony B
Congratulations !!.. hope you get to enjoy the tail end of the summer with it and take it for a spin

G

Graham

1979 beta coupe 1300
Tony B

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 08:24:07 PM »

Hi Folks,

Thanks for your kind words. I'm off from Thursday for a couple of weeks so she'll get a spin or two. Hopefully get her back tomorrow and take it from there.

Regards,

Tony B.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: