Lancia Beta Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:22:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Facia Panel  (Read 3662 times)
Tony B

« on: August 05, 2012, 03:48:04 PM »

Dear Gang,

I'm getting rid of the radio that came with the car and the rather nasty (and badly fitted) amp and graphic that is with it. Trouble is, I'm trying to remember how to remove the facia panel that goes around the radio, veglia etc etc. I remembered the two behind the ashtray but my subconcious tells me the clocks have to come out as well?? Undecided

Clearly there's a couple more screws holding it (it feels toward the top of the panel) so can you advise where I can find the buggers??!!

Kind regards,

Tony B  Smiley
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2012, 05:51:39 PM »

I thought that the spindles for the radio held the top section of the fascia surround in place???

Could be wrong though....

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
Tony B

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2012, 06:14:32 PM »

Hi Matt,

You're right but I've undone the 'thin' nuts = having taken the knobs off etc. I'll have another look when the sky stops flashing and that bird turns up with a twig in its beak. Always though there was something hidden at the side but I'll keep messin'.

Regards,

Tony.
Tony B

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2012, 08:55:25 PM »

The panel came away once the screws behind radio facia were undone - completely original with the metal facia behind that. Original radio blocks still there, removed nasty connections and wiring which dropped to amp and graphic  Undecided it seems a pity to have to trim out the facia to fit a 'flat front' head unit but I guess some decent improvements are allowed.

TB
Nigel

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2012, 08:43:22 AM »

A rare feature of this radio fitment was the provision of a clip-off cover to hide the unit.

I was always impressed with Lancia for that.

I wonder how many of these covers survive!

1984 2.0 Carb HPE [ex Aus] Grigio Finanza.
2007 Mazda 6 2.3 [current daily, highly recommended]
The past:
1980 2.0 HPE White in South Africa [hope it survives!]
1976 1.6 Coupe Lancia Blu [PFG 76R] [probably deceased]
oh,and an Uno Turbo 1997 also in SA [stolen,never recovered]
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2012, 09:35:32 AM »

They pop up on fleabay from time to time.

It was a nice bit of advanced thinking on the part of Lancia, I have one in my coupe and never really take it off because the period radio is hardly used.... I prefer the sound of my engine!

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
Tony B

« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2012, 10:12:02 PM »

Well, Grin  I admit I've got one!!
spud

« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2012, 01:30:32 AM »

Me too!  Cheesy

Andrew.

Montecarlo S2 Spyder
HPE VX
Y10 GTi.e. x2
Various other non Lancia projects...
St Volumex
Owner of RetroPart

« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2012, 05:31:25 AM »

I've got 2!  Grin

Guy McDougall
www.facebook.com/RetroPart
Rare Parts for Rare Machines
Appia Coupé S3 (Rosina), Appia Berlina S3 (La Giaconda), Fulvia 1.3S 5 spd coupé (Tigger, belongs to Carol), Beta Spyder S2 (Vivaldi), Montecarlo Spyder S2, HPE VX (Pugsly) etc. etc.
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 03:20:24 PM »

always thought it a bit inelegant that it wasn't hinged rather than just a pull off item
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 03:55:35 PM »

Hi All

Just so those of us who have never seen one understand what you are talking about, any chance of a piccy?

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 05:21:32 PM »

The clip on/off panel that hides the radio..... bit of Lancia security which seems to be ahead of its time....

* IMG_0288.JPG (202.25 KB, 1077x808 - viewed 335 times.)

* IMG_0287.JPG (240.81 KB, 1077x808 - viewed 472 times.)

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
VXdeMayo

« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 05:38:00 PM »

Dear All, you learn something new every day! I never realised mine was missing. Is there anyone out there that wants to part with one? That would finish "Lulu's interior" off very well.
Let me know.
Best,
Chas and Anne. Smiley

"Baldric - I have a cunning plan" (Oh - ah, maybe not)!
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2012, 10:16:22 PM »

Hi All

Now I understand, thanks for taking the trouble.

I see it is for the facelift dash.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Tony B

« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 12:56:22 AM »

They were a very cool feature but just as an aside, I was (as you do) listening to the ipod in the regular wheels today and I'd cobbed all sorts in the ipod but realised I had Level 42 in there , which equated to greatest hits, best of and so forth. I also realised that I had Level 42 - Level 42. So before you all change channel or shout 'Medic!', this reminded me of my time spent as a scabby apprentice at Knibbs Manchester which was the City's premier  Fiat and of course Lancia garage / retailer. My Introduction to Level 42 involved a PDI, our resident smart arse auto electrician and a beta coupe HiFi.

Now every South Manchester accountant had a coupe but the HiFi was de rigour for those that had made it. I understood they had been mildly molested by Tickford  / Aston Martin and had a front under bumper spoiler, a boot spoiler. go faster pin stripes down the flank and finally (I can't remember the radio head unit) but an amp, graphic and six speakers!!!! If you bear in mind that Britain's most wanted at the time was a Mk 4 Cortina. then you're with me so far. The only downside for the HiFi was that the colour choices were either Marathon (sorry Snickers) brown, silver, which looked a bit like PSA's, water based paint for 206's, or (and rarely) Black. Which invariably brought the workshop to a standstill (much to John Carlo the Foreman's dismay). I was lucky enough to be able to run through job cards which included full services for Fiat 130 Coupes, Gamma's Fulvia's, the occasional Dino and then go home via the showroom with Spyders, HPE's and Monte's all sat there with 2 miles on the clock.

I guess that times change and later in time there were Thema 8.32's there, and HF 4WD's. but the bottom line is I suppose personal to us all; but 'Star Child' banging out from a HiFi coupe when your 17 means that anything else flagged as transport just ain't as good.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: