Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 04:04:12 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Part numbers and other information for the Beta owner  (Read 7842 times)
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: July 25, 2012, 09:12:54 PM »

At long last I've got to the point of kick starting this section. One of the most infuriating, challenging and ultimately satisfying parts of owning a Beta or indeed almost any Lancia is the challenge of chasing elusive 'ricambi originale' better known in the UK as spare parts. This has its own set of challenges as Lancia have always been notorious for subtle and sometimes fiendish changes in component specification. Over the years I collected quite a lot of information in the form of workshop manuals, technical data books, parts books and microfiche (plus a microfiche reader). Whilst I sold a lot of this collection I have retained all my beta related material and the purpose of this new section is to encourage documented information exchange on the subject of part numbers and also basic technical data. I have volunteered to give it a go at answering anyone's questions about beta part numbers, please bear with me as it will take me a few days to find time to look things up and please also start a new topic for each new query as this will make it easier for members to look for pre-existing answers. When asking about a specific part it would be useful if the poster could specify along with the obvious coupé/berlina/HPE/trevi the precise series of car, I will make a further post another day to explain how the various parts listings break down but be aware that as you would expect of the Italians it is not as simple as one book for all Betas.

Alan            
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 01:05:45 PM by MattNoVAT » Logged
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 01:38:38 PM »

Hi Alan,

Will you also be doing "reverse lookup"?  i.e.  What model/variant does P/N 12345678 fit?  As well as what is the P/N for "this specific part".

This is a great service especially as you've helped me out in the past with a few identifications of parts just off a P/N.

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 07:46:43 PM »

Matt
it is not the most fun job doing reverse look up but yes I can try to do it, not bad actually for the earlier cars with parts books as there is a part number index at the back of each one but a bit of a pain with microfiche as it makes me go a bit cross eyed trying to read the part number index and the microfiche are divided into smaller subcatagories (for instance one fiche for berlinas another one for Coupé/HPE)

Realistically I can only handle that sort of query where the poster is pretty well sure that the part is from a Beta, gamma or monte I can't try to identify random parts as it is mega time consuming plus I don't have parts books for other models any more.

Alan
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 07:48:46 PM by rossocorsa » Logged
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2012, 08:08:02 PM »

just to clarify how the material is structured

The earlier cars were covered by very large parts books these follow a similar style to the books that Lancia issued pre-Fiat and are superbly well illustrated as well as being several inches thick.
There are three books for the front drive betas covering series 1, series 2 and series 2 FL.
The third book seems to be only partially updated as it seems that Lancia changed to microfiche around that period.

These books were updated by the dealer being sent new loose leaf pages so they may or may not be 100% correct depending upon just how fastidious the parts department was.

I also have books for Montecarlo (first series), Gamma (First series) and Scorpion.  

Microfiche seems to have been adopted at around the time of the S2FL cars, roughly 1979 or maybe a little earlier I have microfiche as follows

Beta berlina 78/79
Beta berlina 79  (this is the berlini dash version)
Beta Spider
Beta Trevi
Beta montecarlo
Beta coupé/HPE (seems to be S2FL)
Beta coupé/HP executive (S2FL2)
Gamma

I also have a few fiche for the North american cars but they are very incomplete

in addition I have a couple of quick look up parts books from the early 80s which are useful for identifying main service parts
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 08:10:48 PM by rossocorsa » Logged
f1fascination

Australia Australia

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2012, 02:06:46 AM »

Guys, can I enter a request or two?
My Beta has a horrible after-market exhaust on it from the end of the engine pipe back, can you give me numbers for the original system?
Thanks!

"Whatever is rightly done, however humble, is noble."
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2012, 08:01:46 AM »

what series/engine and body is it?  start a new thread with title exhaust part numbers for......... series....... engine .........? and I'll have a look when I can. The idea of starting a new thread each time is to make existing queries easy to find in the future
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 08:04:07 AM by rossocorsa » Logged
f1fascination

Australia Australia

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2012, 09:02:32 AM »

Oh dear, I seem to have fallen at the first hurdle. Embarrassed
New thread started!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 01:05:26 PM by MattNoVAT » Logged

"Whatever is rightly done, however humble, is noble."
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2012, 05:22:39 PM »

Started to post a few items for which there are no questions yet but might be helpful to others for instance the supercharger belt
every penny

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 04:29:24 PM »

Hi Guys i,m trying to find some con rod and main bearings for a lancia beta engine ,trouble is i only have the part number for the con rods , i know its a big ask but ,the back of the shell Fm on one end and 4304911 on the other ,i,ll try and find some numbers on the mains tonight ,i,m also looking for piston rings ,i may be in the wrong section ?  regards John
rossocorsa
Legendary Member

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 08:26:48 PM »

can you start a new thread with a suitable title this is to make it easy for someone else to find the answers in the future also please specify engine size and series,  if you are not sure of the series first part of chassis number could be handy
droptop

Ireland, Republic of Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2019, 05:11:22 PM »

Thanks very much.
There was a  NOS one for sale near me but it is probably off a sedan as the tailpipe is very long and the part number is wrong.

Rust never sleeps
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: