Lancia Beta Forum
April 29, 2024, 12:59:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fan Switch Replacement - Front Off, Engine Out etc, etc.  (Read 1266 times)
Tony B

« on: July 16, 2012, 10:02:39 PM »

Oh the joys...

So Coolant drained, 28mm spanner in hand and with the optimism usually only associated with the British Expeditionary Force, would my three wired switch budge? - errr no, so let's get the rad out. Once the rads' out I can get proper purchase on it having drowned it again in Plusgas, it'll go; surely....?

So top, bottom and expansion hose off (new clip needed for the latter), on with the three 10's for the fan assembly - simples..... err no (again). In fact the bottom 'inner' ten was probably harder to reach than the top of Snowden carrying a safe. So, strut brace off and the stabiliser bar undone and up, out she eventually came. Of course the two bullet connections to the fan decided to snap - ho, ho, ho; but eventually out came the rad.

So I had another go at the switch on the bench - and oh course she'll go!!! Errr well no - no I will not budge (said the switch) but I will start to distort the metal beneath the threaded hole.... time to stop. So in the morrow it's off to the garage for some proper heat on it and we'll see what's what.

My blood pressure is back to normal now and I seem to have cured the rather severe case of Tourettes I had earlier and it also seems most of the BEF have been plucked from the beaches to fight another day.....

VXdeMayo

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 05:11:34 PM »

Sympathies to you! Makes my frozen brake nipples look a complete piece of cake!
On the plus side, now I have completely stripped my donor HPE Vx of anything useful. I just have a bare shell, minus wings, valance, doors, tailgate, glass, interior etc. All it has is the rear suspension (for the moment). I have clamped a pair of timber plank "handles "through the front bumper holes  in readiness for the final move through the carport into the front garden. What I have is:....................
A Lancia Beta Wheelbarrow!
Lets hope the missus does not fill it up with garden rubbish.
Last job is to drop the rear suspension before the man with the big mechanical hand comes a calling!
The neighbours must love me.
best,
Chas (and Anne). Grin Roll Eyes

"Baldric - I have a cunning plan" (Oh - ah, maybe not)!
Tony B

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 08:18:03 PM »

Aww, poor VX ! But like any faithful friend, when the time comes as they say..

Regards,

Tony.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: