Lancia Beta Forum
April 18, 2024, 06:28:10 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Rear opening windows HPE  (Read 3609 times)
spud

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: June 21, 2012, 07:18:29 PM »

Hi all,

I hate losing things! Soooo annoying! I've managed to lose the 6 small bolts that hold the rear side window catches (HPE) onto the inside of the rear pillars. No problem, you might think, just buy some new ones... well, that's what I thought too. But I've made the fascinating discovery that M3.5 is too small and M4 is too big. I don't really know how that can be but it is. The captive nuts in the rear pillars must be some bizarre size known only to Mafiosi...

Anyone breaking an HPE and want to sell me these bolts? Anyone got some spare? Or, failing that, anyone know what size the damn things are?

Yours frustratedly,
Andrew.

Montecarlo S2 Spyder
HPE VX
Y10 GTi.e. x2
Various other non Lancia projects...
mtulloch

« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 09:15:56 PM »

The screws on mine are self tappers.
spud

« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 09:43:05 PM »

Mine might be soon... lol. I definitely have captive nuts in the rear pillars- I can move them around by a few mm with a tiny screwdriver.

Andrew.

Montecarlo S2 Spyder
HPE VX
Y10 GTi.e. x2
VXdeMayo

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2012, 08:13:53 AM »

Dear Andrew,
I have a set of six I have dug out from my VX HPE that I am stripping. They are not pristine but they will be better than ruining your captive nuts with self tappers. Let me know today if you can and I will put them in the post. ( As you might remember we are up in the Lakes on hols next week). Best of luck with the windscreen.
Chas and Anne,
(VXdeMAYO). Smiley

"Baldric - I have a cunning plan" (Oh - ah, maybe not)!
spud

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 07:45:14 PM »

Chas and Anne, Brilliant! I was beginning to wonder if my captive nuts were actually designed for self tappers- nice to have it confirmed they are bolts! PM sent with address details.

Andrew.

Montecarlo S2 Spyder
HPE VX
Y10 GTi.e. x2
spud

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 05:10:13 PM »

Hi all,

Well, I received the bolts from Chas and Anne today (thanks guys!) and... I now know for sure that they are standard, common M-4 size. Which basically means that my captive nuts are obviously standard, common M-knackered... Grin  Previous owner (or more likely Betacar who restored it... don't get me started... Angry) must've forced self-tappers into them...

At least it confirmed the size for me and thus gave me the confidence to attempt to re-tap the nuts. It worked!  Cheesy

Andrew. 

Montecarlo S2 Spyder
HPE VX
Y10 GTi.e. x2
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: