Lancia Beta Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:00:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta Car Register fo UK based cars: Any progress?  (Read 1521 times)
VXdeMayo

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: June 13, 2012, 10:54:00 AM »

Dear All,
I believe sometime last year "hfstuart" wished to compile a register of all known UK based Beta's still in existance. I am very interested to know if this was completed, as I have a great interest in the no: of HPE's in particular, before I resort to scrapping my donor HPE VX bodyshell, (and feeling guilty about letting one more go).
I have made some initial attempt at listing what I know, starting with and based on the LMC members listings, plus others that I see on our forum etc, and others that "pass by" via ebay.
Before I go ahead and duplicate others work, did you achieve your objective Stuart? If so I would love to know. (I am sure many others would as well).
best,
Chas and Anne,
(VXdeMAYO) Smiley

"Baldric - I have a cunning plan" (Oh - ah, maybe not)!
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 07:25:25 PM »

Chas,

Lots of good intentions and planning but it sort of fell by the wayside. I still think it would be a good idea.

The plan was to develop a standard questionaire and format that could be mailed out to Betaboyz members to start with then Lancisti and LMC. From the responses a spreadsheet would be put together with eBay finds etc added as and when they came up.

I'm more than happy to pick it up again but you might need to give me a few weeks!

Stuart
VXdeMayo

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 08:11:13 PM »

Dear Stuart,
thanks for the info, even if there ......isn't any.
I am going slightly google eyed looking at Tony/Matt/Marcus's multitude of flicker images trying to spot the occasional sleak lined rump of a HPE! If it does have a readable licence plate, I can add it to and make a start on a database. I will send it across to you soon so you can fill in the gaps.
(I really need to get out more).
I allready suspect that there are more out there "hidden" than "how many left dot com" know about from the DVLA info.
best,
Chas, (VxdeMAYO). Roll Eyes

"Baldric - I have a cunning plan" (Oh - ah, maybe not)!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: