Lancia Beta Forum
April 27, 2024, 03:50:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: S3 i.e. Fuel Pump Relay  (Read 6709 times)
Tony B

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2012, 01:02:22 AM »

Hi Chas,

The nice lady from the Royal Mail also seemed rather bemused when she dropped it at mine. The tank is frankly getting on my chests - that peskey intake / mesh can't be rocket science but let's see how we go. In the meantime, thanks again for the pipe, three coats of Hammerite and looking splendid. Shame the go go juice can't make cooling important at the moment........

Regards,

Tony (no fuel).
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2012, 09:50:17 AM »

On mine once I'd cleaned the tank properly I removed the mesh completely.

I put an in line in front of the pump to protect it and another in the feed to the carb.

No issues since I did this- but cleaning the tank really well is the key.
Tony B

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2012, 10:08:02 AM »

Hi,

Thanks for the heads up (again)! You'll forgive me being nice but dim but.... where is the 'mesh'?? How do I get rid of the blighter??? I reckon I can fit another filter ahead of the pump but I'm not certain where the mesh lives....

Tony (clearly nice but dim). Cheesy
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2012, 04:44:11 PM »

Sorry, just noticed yours is an ie not a carb model.

I haven't taken an ie tank apart but on the carb models the 'mesh' or screen sits on the end of the fuel pickup pipe in the tank. If you remove the level sender from the top of the tank you can see it on the end of the tube that pokes furthest down into the tank. It's just a perforated brass or copper mesh made into a little bag that sits round the end of the pipe.
Tony B

« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2012, 08:12:27 PM »

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

Tony.
Ryan

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2012, 11:40:17 PM »

Taking out the screen in the ie cars can be a pain.  Take the sender out and look into the hole.  There will be a cylinder with a screen wrapped around it.  I took a long flat head screwdriver and bent it a little at the tip.  Used that to rip a hole in it.  Then, with a set of needle nose pliers, I twisted it around the cylinder like I was opening a can of sardines.  With a little bit of cursing, sweat and beer I was able to rip a good chunk of the screen out.  Good idea to install a pre-pump filter afterward.

I'd question the pump itself at this point though.  May make noises like its working but won't build up pressure.  I've been down that road.
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: