Lancia Beta Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:00:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Group 3 Coupe arches.....how much wider????  (Read 4705 times)
Badnews

« on: May 17, 2012, 09:08:30 PM »

Nagging question really, I need to find 5 inches width on my beta coupe body to cover the running gear, I don't particularly like the look of the group 4 kit....the group 3 kit looks to be much more subtle and what I'd go for dependent on width.

Anyone know how much extra width the kit gives??

Cheers
Dan
Harpo

« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2012, 11:17:43 PM »

Hi Dan, maybe 2 inches, 3 at the most. Nowhere close to the 5 that you need.
What size wheels are you sticking on? Carlos Fandango ones?  Grin
Badnews

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2012, 07:55:08 PM »

If thats 2 inches each side then it's possible they could do the job....I need 5 inches over the width of the car to fit a Jag rwd subframe in there  Cool

I'm just not a huge fan of the really wide grp 4 style....they look IMO a bit too harsh for a road/track car.

Cheers
Dan
75coupe

1975 Beta coupe 2L

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 09:45:22 AM »

Does someone know where the group 3 arches can be obtained? I have to agree they are a little more subtle than the group 4 ones
Badnews

« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 12:30:47 PM »

Does someone know where the group 3 arches can be obtained? I have to agree they are a little more subtle than the group 4 ones

I found this in my searchings, would be interested in making a mould from a set if you decide to get some??

Cheers
Dan

http://www.lancisti.net/forum/showthread.php?5129-wheelarches-Lancia-Beta-Coup%C3%A9-Gr-3
LanciaNut69

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2012, 01:59:27 PM »

I would have thought it it would be easier to just buy a set - by the time you've gone to the expense of getting hold of a set from someone prepared to lend them to you and the time involved in making a new set of moulds to then run off a set, it will have cost you more than the 180 euros that the chap was asking for.  That and everyone who bought them has been very pleased with the result, which is not my experience when buying grp panels.  Plus its a good exchange rate at the moment - drop him a line - boryser@hotmail.com

Cheers

Darren

www.monteservicingandrepair.com
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
Badnews

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2012, 06:55:06 PM »

Yes I know its a long shot lol, I was thinking more of a group buy scenario...one set purchased and copied for forum members.... but like you say for the price it's probably just easier to buy a set.

I think I'll end up foam modelling the arches I need and making GRP ones to suit, very much doubt the grp3 ones will do the job after some more head scratching and tape measuring/staring at the job....going to be tough this one!

Cheers
Dan
thecolonel
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2012, 08:04:01 PM »

If you're making your own arches
I'd be tempted to go for audi quatro
style, simple to mould or pick up some
pattern vauxhall nova rear arches and
modify those.
Badnews

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2012, 10:11:19 PM »

Could be an option colonel, I do have a mk1 fiesta panique bodykit lying about that's quite similar to the quattro and nova style....I'm going to have to get the running gear in and then see what I have to do with arches after I think.

Think I'm going to have to push the front wheels further forward than standard (just how it works out on the jag subframe) so will definitely have to make custom front wings....I do have x2 pairs of steel wings to play with though Cheesy

Cheers
Dan
Martiniracing

« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2012, 10:15:29 AM »

Hi
Don't buy the wheel arch of this despicable guy (vincente cortes):
http://www.lancisti.net/forum/showthread.php?5129-wheelarches-Lancia-Beta-Coup%C3%A9-Gr-3
You can see the result here:
http://www.italian-cars-club.com/italian-cars-club-forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=29493&start=40
And I have no news! I lose 230 euros!
A+
Badnews

« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2012, 09:52:33 AM »

Hi
Don't buy the wheel arch of this despicable guy (vincente cortes):
You can see the result here:
http://www.italian-cars-club.com/italian-cars-club-forum/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=29493&start=40
And I have no news! I lose 230 euros!
A+

Ouch!!!!!!
Having mocked up my build I think custom arches are my only option.

The offer still stands, I'd still make a mould and produce some parts if someone has a set.

Cheers
Dan
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: