Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 01:26:39 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: 4 litre Jag/Beta Coupe PROJECT :) Muahahahahaaaaaaa  (Read 26115 times)
Badnews

« Reply #40 on: July 07, 2012, 12:51:27 AM »

Admiring the progress Dan!!  You definately are a busy bee  Grin

I just like to maintain momentum Matt, I know how easy it is to drift into a 3-4 year project from even a simple rebuild so got to keep it up on this one if it's going to be ready for next years nice weather!!

I work with kids so sometimes (a lot more recently) I've been giving them lessons on car things in my unit and getting some of my stuff done in works time Wink with helping hands. My boss (mother) doesn't mind as it's family business and my unit is on site & the kids love it!!! Free help woooooopeee Smiley

Dan
Badnews

« Reply #41 on: July 07, 2012, 09:01:01 PM »

Some more progress made today, didnt have long on it but completed a few things so I'm happy....

Peppered the boot framework on the pillar drill!!!! hehehehe

Ground out the inside section of the fuel filler on the wing, then tack welded the piece I made prior in place, after my recent sucesses with fibreglassing I am tempted to make rear quarters too...so I didnt fully weld it just yet  Wink

If anyone needs the bit I cut out of the fuel filler area shout up, its going in the scrap bin after a week if not!

Peace
Dan
slowe

« Reply #42 on: July 08, 2012, 10:26:15 PM »

Hi Dan,

I may be able to make use of the bit you cut off. If you still have it let me know

Thanks
Simon
Badnews

« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2012, 09:50:06 AM »

Pm me your address and I'll get it sent off Smiley

EDIT: Managed to teach a kid a little bit of welding yesterday, not the prettiest but it cleaned up ok and will be covered in filler soon!

Unfortunately the lancia has been packed up and put int he corner of the shop whilst I get to work finishing the G-wagon paintjob off....got to be done to release funds Sad

Peace
Dan
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 01:01:08 PM by Badnews » Logged
Badnews

« Reply #44 on: September 20, 2012, 06:22:56 PM »

Hi guys, quick update....
G-wagon nearly finished. Probably another month it'll be complete... Not bad timescale for a full resto!!!
Also been giving my cousin some workshop space for his camper van which has slowed progress somewhat.
However.... I've been busy dismantling engines (yes plural :S) and have decided on my spec now...engine builders I've spoken too think that a mighty torque engine is not too distant a possibility with a pair of gt30 turbos :0 so I've been busy planning the engine build. Found a supercharged aj16 with 8.5:1 compression ratio which more suits the build than the high comp version I had previosly as the combustion chamber makes up for the lower cr.  
Also been busy getting front brake components sorted. Managed to get some lovely Mitsubishi gto 4 pot alloy calipers from junk yard for £10!!!! So brackets etc... Being made for the jag hub, misty caliper and BMW wheel..... Mongrel springs to mind lol

Oh also got a replacement screen sorted which is a relief!!!!

Also been researching more about the gearbox, I've found lots of people run 800+ bhp through them so it should survive my lead foot!!!

Probs added lots of build time going turbo bs normally aspirated but turbo big power engineering is my skill-set so I feel quite optimistic of making this build a fire breather relatively cheaply!!

Catch you all soon when I have some pics to show.

Peace
Dan
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 11:33:05 AM by Badnews » Logged
Badnews

« Reply #45 on: December 31, 2012, 03:23:50 PM »

Been collecting/hoarding/slyly working on the Lancia a bit over the last few months.....So here's an update on what I've been doing  Grin

I've ripped apart the Jag for the subframes, gearbox, prop, tunnel and steering column which gives me enough parts from the jag for me to continue it's V5 Id over to the Lancia...unfortunately all thats going to be left of the lancia is a bodyshell and after consulting the DVLA it'd probably end up on a Q plate if I kept the Lancia V5.....which I don't want!

Ok so here goes....

HX52 Turbo (Big Boy!!!) has arrived, needs rebuilding but will be good for 900+bhp with the Jag lump, came off of a D12D Volvo 12 litre diesel Big Rig so can take some hammer!!!! 

Jaguar Plenumb chamber being modified to fit trumpets, increase its volume and fit a larger throttle body.

The junkyard engine I got (3.6) with the car had been rebuilt which was a suprise, it'd had head gasket failure but other than that the bearing and chain guides are very good condition...these can be re-used on my turbo engine which saves me literally hundreds not having to buy new jag parts...Bonus!

The Cylinder head is due to have the valves de-shrouded and a mild port/polish...I'll do this myself with the old ball-bearing and engineers blue trick  Wink plus many hours with a die grinder  Embarrassed  either way I've done the maths and the head is good for what the turbo is...so I dont need to go mad, just a tidy up will suffice.

Cams are to go to piper for re-grind then custom shims need making for the head, this should give me some rather wild cams and hopefully achieve the numbers I'm anticipating.

I'm just working on stripping down a scrap engine and building it as a dummy block for subframe mock-up then it's time to get the shell rolling  Grin Grin Grin  I can't wait....it's been too long! 

Here's a tasty pic of my newly acquired turbo for this build....sat next to a T3 turbo it looks frigging HUGE! I love it!

Peace
Dan
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #46 on: December 31, 2012, 06:08:02 PM »

I'm not sure if this is genius or insanity. Either way I love it.

I presume with that dinky little turbo driveability isn't right at the top of the list of requirements  Wink  Just be carefull to put a decent filter on the intake to stop foreign matter being sucked into it....such as dogs and small children.
lanciamad
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lanciamad

England England

Marcus Robinson

« Reply #47 on: December 31, 2012, 09:48:34 PM »

That is MASSIVE, I cant wait to see the finished project Grin

1982 - Lancia Beta HPE 2000ie http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=472.0
1989 - Lancia Delta 16v integrale
1992 - Lancia Thema 2.0 16v Turbo
2001 - Honda Civic Type R EP3
Badnews

« Reply #48 on: December 31, 2012, 11:59:33 PM »

Stuart, don't get me wrong it'll still be very drivable, the engine I'm using has 245bhp and 300lb/ft torque OFF BOOST! so it won't be slouchy!

It'll have a huge wastegate too and the boost is mappable in the ecu I'm using, so it won't be a lot of tyre smoking then change gear...it'll be mainly useable power. It's going to have some sort of traction control built into the ecu too so should (fingers crossed) drive real nice!

Looking to mount subframes tomorrow so stay tuned Smiley

Peace
Dan
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: