Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 04:39:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Beta Coupe Volumex  (Read 2519 times)
jaybee

« on: May 07, 2012, 05:14:41 PM »

Hi All,

My name is Jonathan Baker (call me JB) and I have just re-plunged into the world of Volumex ownership. I previously had an HPE VX back in about 1990 and have just bought a Coupe VX.
Car is pretty sound with only about 60k miles on it and body is good. However, there are few things on it that are somewhat tired and emotional.
Would appreciate some advice on:
 - Front shocks and coil springs: what would be the best replacements and where can I get them ?
 - Brakes: Needs discs and pads. Calipers are OK (or will be when cleaned) Brembo, Tarox & Black Diamond all seem to make versions but does anyone have any preferences?
 - Exhaust: I certainly need the back 2 boxes and am thinking of just buying the whole system (ex manifold) in stainless steel. I found a supplier www.lancia.classic.com but wondered if anyone knew of alternatives ?
 - I have previously used Tecnocar filters and I believe R15 fits the VX - does anyone know of an alternative or a supplier as I can't seem to get my hands on any.
 - Other than Ebay where can I source lights and other sundries ?

That's about it for now - look forward to chatting with you over the coming months.
Cheers
JB

MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2012, 05:57:42 PM »

Welcome to the forum JB,

You've come to the right place for all things Beta related.

I'd start with Mark W at www.LanciaBetaParts.co.uk

He'll be able to help you out with the exhaust in S/Steel or mild and possibly the brakes, unless you want to go uprated then read up on the brake upgrades that folks on here have done.

Suspension, new inserts are available and Mark can supply uprated springs - IIRC some may have just been made as I know a few folks have just got their new sets, I recently came into possession of a brand new never fitted set of 4 Jamex springs but there was no paperwork/box so I don't know the exact spec.

I'd avoid buying off brakes etc off Ebay as the quality isn't always up to much and there is frequently long delays involved.

Sundries - try on here under Parts wanted

Where are you located and did you buy from a private owner or dealer?

Any pics of the car - you never know, someone on here may know it.

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
jaybee

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2012, 06:48:25 PM »

Thanks Matt - I have already started looking on Mark's site, however, I think I'll give him a call too.
I am based in Switzerland right now but will be moving back to Epsom Surrey next year.
I don't have any pics yet but will send some through soon. I bought from a private seller.
The reg though is B439UOR and my old HPE VX was B972FAN.......keen to hear any stories (horror or otherwise) about either of them.
I'll keep you posted as things develop.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: