Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:29:11 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: quick update  (Read 2153 times)
raz1966

« on: March 15, 2012, 06:24:41 PM »

my car keeps oiling plugs up so i guess its running rich. i got a colourtune kit and sure enough it was a bright yellow indicating over rich mixture. i tried taking the shut of solinoid out and even with it out it was rich, i then took the piolet jet completely out and it still ran rich.
i guess there is something wrong with the carb, any one got any ideas?
raz1966

« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 06:26:59 PM »

by the way it now has...new coil, new dizzy,new plugs,new leads,new fuel pump (bargin £6 from ebay, genuine lancia
WestonE
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 06:56:39 PM »

Raz

If it is rich under all conditions i.e. idle 2000 rpm 3500rpm acceleration then you have flooding where fuel is being forced through the float chamber under too much pressure. In simple terms the float needle valve is not able to shut off the fuel supply to the float chamber when it is full. 3 reasons
the needle valve and seat is in poor condition
The fuel pressure is too high either the pump is pushing more than a steady 3PSI or the return is not allowing the excess fuel to return to the tank
The Float level is wrong or the float is damaged.

With the trouble you have had I would send the Carb to someone like Southern Carbs for a full overhaul and calibration and blow through the return circuit as no manual Lancia pump will over pressure if the return works.

I hope this helps as your problem here are not normal at all.

Eric   
raz1966

« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 07:08:58 PM »

it is returning to the petrol tank, if i blow through the return with an airline i can hear the fuel going in the tank so it must be clear, i cant affoid to send the carb away (4 kids,2 dogs,2 cats,large mortgage,audi a6,various motorbikes,work van etc... lancia is just a toy).
the needle and valve are new, i have set the floot level the best i can (8mm gap between gasket and bottom of float), float does not look damaged.
are there any drillings in the carb which could be blocked? how do i tell?
raz1966

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2012, 07:21:35 PM »

fitted a new carb and it is now running pretty good, just need to fit one rear caliper and bleed the brakes before trying it up the road!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: