Lancia Beta Forum
September 25, 2018, 01:16:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2018 Calendar of Events: http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=86.0

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Donations Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: HPE / Saloon boot / tailgate strutts  (Read 1492 times)
tonylanciabeta
« on: December 21, 2008, 09:57:58 PM »

Hey folks,

Just got a Beta HPE 1600 from a mate in the X1/9 owners club, who'd had it tucked away for years.I've got it MOT'd and serviced,along with a timing belt and a brake overhaul. I've also just fitted E30 BMW projector style headlamps,and have sent off my tailgate struts to be regassed.Still a few jobs to do, but it's now in daily use!

Welcome! And happy Beta ownership

What age / spec / colour is your HPE - any pics to post??

Andy

Thanks Andy!,

I've put a few pics up in the albums, not taken too many yet!

Tiff

Hi Tif
Can you tell me where you sent the struts to be re-gassed?
Cheers

Stunner - nice in white :- )

Yeah, here is the E-Mail I got back.

Dear Tiff

Thank you for your enquiry. New struts are available at a cost of 46.29 for the pair delivered (15.95 per strut plus 7.50 carriage and VAT), are covered by a two year guarantee and are available on next day delivery.

Some struts can be re-gassed depending on their condition so a visual inspection by us must be made in order to assess your struts, which is free of charge.

If you try a re-gas and it fails within the warranty period we will discount the cost of the re-gas from new gas struts purchased from SGS Engineering.

A re-gas is 32.29 delivered for the pair (9.99 per strut plus 7.50 carriage and VAT) and struts are usually turned around within three working days. Payment can be made via credit/debit card and you will be contacted for payment once your struts have been tested. If you require a re-gas please send your struts to:

SGS Engineering (UK) Limited
Unit A6
Cranmer Road
West Meadows Estate
Derby
DE21 6JL

Telephone: 01332 298 126
Fax: 01332 366232
Email: andy@sgs-engineering.com
Web Address: www.sgs-engineering.com

If you have any questions or would like to place an order, please don’t hesitate to call.

Kind Regards
Andy Wyatt.
SGS Engineering (UK) Limited

That's a coincidence - I've just received back 6 Beta saloon boot lid gas struts that have been re-gassed by SGS Engineering. I can't speak highly enough of their service. Fast ( the struts were back to me, regassed within 4 days) very helpful and friendly, and I thought very reasonable. I'll let you know how long the regassing works for, but on saloons, even when the cars were new you were lucky to get a year out of them!

Andy

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: