Lancia Beta Forum
March 29, 2024, 11:51:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hello!! Beta coupe in dorset!!  (Read 5696 times)
Shep

« on: January 29, 2012, 01:20:45 AM »

Hello there!

My names Rob and i recently bought a beta coupe ! Im 19 years old but have had experience with classics as me and me old man have restored two triumphs. Im located in dorset so if theres anyone close around feel free to get in contact !

So the beta..... she was bought a few months back with no drive.... long story short - clutch had gone ( and it had REALLY gone) and heater matrix had burst but has been repaired along with some other few little things  Roll Eyes and i had my first drive of her tonight  Grin !

Extremely chuffed with it and look forward to hopefully being an active member of this forum !

Cheers, Shep
VXdeMayo

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 10:22:44 AM »

Dear Shep,
glad to hear of another member fairly close by. Post some pictures of your Beta if you can, and tell us what spec it is. All the best, Chas. (VXdeMAYO).

"Baldric - I have a cunning plan" (Oh - ah, maybe not)!
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 10:34:56 AM »

Welcome to the forum Rob,

Although I don't actually live in Dorset I do spend most of my working life there (Bournemouth)

As Chas says, lets see some pics of your pride and joy then :-) 

You have come to the right place for sound advice and access to pretty much all the spares you'll ever need!

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
Shep

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2012, 05:10:22 PM »

Okay so i bought the car for £900 5 months ago and since then its been laid up in my garage whilst we "recommissioned" it..... So here are the pics....
Shes a Beta coupe (no need to tell you guys that tho!) 2.0 fuel injected and shes no slouch!!!!
note. the the pictures make her look alot better than it actually is!!

So what do you guys think? Love to hear your comments.... Or if anyone has any history on the car!

Cheers, Shep
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2012, 05:19:45 PM »

Rob

A great looking car and really together considering how many pieces can break and fall off in 30 years. Well worth time and effort fixing and remaining issues.

Eric
VXdeMayo

« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2012, 06:07:35 PM »

Dear Rob,
I envy your acres of space that you have to work on the engine! Try get access to ANYTHING in a Volumex, you need "Gollum like fingers". (Thats if you actually know what all those pipes do!)
Look after your "precious". Grin
Best,
Chas.
(VXdeMAYO).

lanciamad
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lanciamad

England England

Marcus Robinson

« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2012, 08:12:01 PM »

She looks great in the pics Rob Grin, what bits still need attention? I'm not a million miles away in wiltshire, and have an ie as well. I've gathered a few spares over the years so might be able to help you out if you need anything.
Blimey someone younger than me Roll Eyes Grin I need a right kick up the a** for the 40th and the nights to draw out. Undecided

1982 - Lancia Beta HPE 2000ie http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=472.0
1989 - Lancia Delta 16v integrale
1992 - Lancia Thema 2.0 16v Turbo
2001 - Honda Civic Type R EP3
Shep

« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2012, 11:27:40 PM »

Wow cheers guys! Yeah as said before dont let the pictures fool you..... ha

Errr bits that still need doing:
Replace the front coil spring (and find one Undecided )
Sort out heater matrix as repair didnt hold and now p***es water out  Embarrassed (may just have to join the pipes and be cold)
Sort out dipped lights as there EXTREMELY dull (have checked connections and earths but further investigation next weekend)
Sort out dashboard lights as all i have is warning lights that work
Fix tacho so it actually moves
Seal the sunroof as the missis apparently doesnt like being dripped on  Cheesy
Take a look at the brakes as i have a spongier pedal then i'd like (may invest in braided hoses)
And then look at it some more  Grin

Not much really.....  Cheesy but if anyone could help source a coil spring or second hand heater matrix it would be greatly appreciated?
Its nice to be a part of an active forum for a change   Grin

Cheers, Shep
lanciamad
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lanciamad

England England

Marcus Robinson

« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 12:10:39 AM »

Mark should be able to sort the coil spring out for you, (better to replace in pairs)...http://betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/cart/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=36_39&products_id=47

1982 - Lancia Beta HPE 2000ie http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=472.0
1989 - Lancia Delta 16v integrale
1992 - Lancia Thema 2.0 16v Turbo
2001 - Honda Civic Type R EP3
Hawk

England England

« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 08:54:57 AM »

Sort out dipped lights as there EXTREMELY dull (have checked connections and earths but further investigation next weekend)

Nice looking car - welcome

You may find that the dipped beam is completely normal - mine is a joke as well
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 09:00:14 AM »

Shep,

I have a heater matrix that I'm having pressure tested today to make sure its OK.

I will PM you once I have the results.

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
VXdeMayo

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 10:27:42 AM »

Dear Shep, Matt,
Thanks for the help re the heater matrix. Matt if yours is u/s I have one here in Somerset I could let Shep use.
All the best,
Chas(VXdeMAYO).

peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

Peter Stokes

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2012, 10:31:59 AM »

Nice looking car - welcome

You may find that the dipped beam is completely normal - mine is a joke as well

Hi Shep

As others have said, nice looking car, should tidy up very well.

As to the lights, suggest in order to get a reference as to how bright they do (or do not) get, run two wires direct from the battery to one of the lights and then if the other one is dimmer, you can see if anything you chenge makes a difference. I would tend to suspect if they are dim, then earthing is the most likely issue, followed by corrosion on the connectors/switche giving a high resistance.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Shep

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 06:16:25 PM »

Wow yes that would incredibly helpful  Grin  Well when we finally get round to taking the matrix out again ill PM one of you to ensure you still can? I think i will just go through the club to get the springs. Shes fairly low already but wanted to get new lowering springs all round but betaboyz are out of stock  Undecided
Good test on the lights.... I will try it at the weekend as all my spare time seems to be filled by more work  Undecided .

Cheers for all the help guys! For now the plan is to get her roadworthy and run her in again, considering shes been off the road since '96..... But one day id like to maybe use her for track days... Not go overboard but few touches eg. bucket seats/harnesses, modify air intake, exhaust, polybush etc... especially after reading some threads on here!! Just gotta find the money first  Roll Eyes . So may be starting a thread on her soon. WATCH THIS SPACE!  Cheesy

Cheers, Shep
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: