Lancia Beta Forum
April 25, 2024, 12:30:08 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Anyone interested in buying new hood/softtop for Spyder?  (Read 1827 times)
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« on: January 17, 2012, 03:48:53 PM »

Hi All

I was looking to buy a new rear hood for the Spyder (and fitting it myself, brave I know...) After looking around in the UK, the prices appear to be fairly expensive. I had seen one available from a guy called Ed Patrick in the US who I understand used to be involved with Lancia on the parts side when Lancia were in the US and now runs a mainly Fiat parts/books business, but also supplies Lancia hoods. I have finally sorted out some dollars to pay him and was going to place an order over the next few weeks, but as I have some dollars over the total cost, wondered if anyone wanted to take advantage of a favourable exchange rate to get one for themselves (I have a fair amount of the dollars already available to buy a second).

His website is

http://www.zagatotop.com/

If you are interested please PM me and we can discuss offline. Obviously if there is more than one extra then we could save on shipping.

Thanks

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
Hawk

England England

« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2012, 06:13:24 PM »

you have a pm sir! 
rossocorsa
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2012, 10:08:05 PM »

they do appear relatively cheap, how do they compare when you factor in vat/customes duty/shipping and carriers handling charge on the customs fees?
Hawk

England England

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2012, 10:36:16 PM »

Still a lot cheaper than buying in the UK.  Cheapest I have found here is £440.

This is (equivalent) £175 and if 2 of us buy, £25 per person postage.

Even if you say the other charges come to £100 each (which they wont) you are stil saving £140! 
rossocorsa
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2012, 08:42:09 AM »

does sound quite good will tell Steve about it as his spider hood is slightly tatty, however I reckon he'll not want to shell out on one just yet
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: