Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 10:03:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Linked Events
  • Retro Show Santa Pod: July 01, 2012
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: 1st July Retro Show Santa Pod  (Read 12477 times)
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« on: January 07, 2012, 09:45:43 PM »

Sunday 1st July
Retro Show
Santa Pod
www.retroshow.co.uk
« Last Edit: January 07, 2012, 09:50:43 PM by TonyLanciaBeta » Logged

Tony Harrison - Farnborough, Hants
1981 Beta Coupe 1600
1981 Beta Coupe 2L(being restored slowly)
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2012, 02:32:58 PM »

entrance costs just £15 per person, kids under 13 go free

We have a club display reserved, if you would like a pass please send me your details and I'll pot them in the post
please note the pass is needed to get your car into the event, otherwise you will be directed to the public parking outside the event

email: t_harrison3@sky.com

1981 Beta Coupe 1600
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 10:30:35 PM »

The passes have arrived, please PM or drop me a email with your address if you would like to attend

All Lancia's welcome Cheesy

1981 Beta Coupe 1600
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2012, 09:58:10 PM »

Only 3 cars booked in, 2 Monte's and a S2 Berlina
anyone else?
As we said all Lancia's very welcome, it does not have to be a race car

I'm going in a completely standard Berlina

I will take any remaining passes with me on Sunday, if you want to turn up on the day, call me on: 07772 942896 and I'll meet you at the gate

Cheers
Tony

1981 Beta Coupe 1600
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
WestonE
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2012, 11:49:48 AM »

Tony

This looks like being you me and Darren Cooksey then! I will try a nudge on the Montecarlo Site for the Monster Monte as he is not far away.

Cheers

Eric

Black S2 Montecarlo Lightly modified (by Santa Pod standards)
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2012, 09:18:10 PM »

Thanks Eric, we should also have a Delta HF Turbo joining us

1981 Beta Coupe 1600
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 10:06:51 PM »

received the club display layout today, looks like we are next to the cafe again (same place as last year) mines white 2 sugars thanks Wink

no 12 on the map, passes still available!

1981 Beta Coupe 1600
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
miquel

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2012, 12:11:07 PM »

Hello this is Miquel, the spaniard with an Integrale 16v that shared stand with you.

Thanks a lot for inviting me along to your stand yesterday, it was great having my car parked next to such awesome examples of "classic" Lancias.

I've just registered to the forum and will keep an eye on what's going on, after all I might end up having a Beta at some point, you never know!

I found you lot are really friendly people and very easy to talk to.

Cheers!

Miq.
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2012, 12:53:20 PM »

Welcome to the forum Miquel, there are a several of us on here that have had Integrales in the past so we may even convert you.

But the 16v Integrale was the best "pure drivers car" out of all the integrales models, IMHO.

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
miquel

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2012, 04:42:24 PM »

Yup I think the same. Mine has been "beefed up" quite a bit. I might introduce myself in the newbies section even if I don't have a Beta so that everyone knows who I am.

Thanks!

Miq.
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2012, 07:02:44 PM »

Hi Miquel
Welcome to the forum

It was good meeting you at Santa Pod, I did like your Integrale especially the noise it made when you passed me on th A45, all Lancia's are very welcome at all events we attend

we had a good mix of Lancia's 5 in total
Beta Saloon
2 x Montes
Delta HF Turbo
16v Integrale

I will upload some photos later, Eric thanks for the Coffee and direction home avoiding the closure of the  M1, flew back in no time

Cheers
Tony

1981 Beta Coupe 1600
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
WestonE
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2012, 09:24:21 PM »

Miquel

It was good to meet you and to see a proper Integrale and a pleasure to buy Tony "Organised" Harrison a Coffee. As Montecarlo owners who normally have very good reliability it was an unusual day!

This event turned out to be more dramatic than I was expecting aside from Rocket Cars hitting 260mph in a quarter mile, motorized Raleigh Choppers and automotive art classes on wheels. With Darren's Red Montecarlo developing electrical problems after years of faultless running we had a few rests on the way made more exciting by my brake lights failing within the first 10 miles (pedal switch) so I really needed a wing man.

So when Darren flashed me to pull over on the way back I was expecting more trouble with Air Fuel sensor wiring not that my fan belt had decided to jump and the coolant tank was venting as the temperature climbed.

After a period of joint swearing and burns we managed to fit my spare new fan belt which was a good lesson in the things that should be in my tool role and are not. However neither of us was ready for a complete loss of all power on my car when the key was turned again. With no multi-meter between us this became a challenge having checked all the right wires were still present on the alternator, starter motor and battery.

Jump Starting from Darren's car made no difference, no fuses were blown, no relays hot, no wires hanging off?? I summoned the big Yellow Taxi service (AKA the AA). My luck was in and I got a very experienced guy interested in the car, determined and with a multi meter. This fault can best be described as random co-incidence as for reasons best known to 27 year old Italian wiring the main power feed to the fuse box at the fuse box had become intermittent (it was not hanging off the connection either). After some wiggling and fiddling the car started on the button every time and I blasted home in the sunshine with all temperatures bang on the range and without a beat missed. Big thanks are due to Darren for both spotting this issue before I did and for massive amounts of help.

I will be running nice new feed wiring very soon and replacing the pathetically fragile brake light switch. I also think the overheat warning light sensor needs replacing with something that tells me a problem is happening not that I have already destroyed the engine as the OE one does.

Yours Sun Burnt Eric (Black Montecarlo)     

LanciaNut69

« Reply #12 on: July 03, 2012, 01:09:57 AM »

Hi Miq,

Good to meet you too and hope to see you at another event in the not too distant future.  It was a fun day out overall, even with the mechanical maladies.  At least they were nothing serious, and easily sorted.  At least it was a good opportunity to work on a car tool kit ready for the next time!

Nice to see you again Tony - and Eric, always a pleasure!

Pics will be up on my Facebook page in due course!

Cheers

Darren

www.monteservicingandrepair.com
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
miquel

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2012, 10:14:34 AM »

Hi all,

Bad stuff Eric, it sound like you had quite an epic. To be honest I found many classics waiting for the AA on the way back home...most of them VAG group though!!

Looking forward to those pics! The guy that came with me is a professional photographer so I'll copy the link to his photo-shoot as soon as he will upload it.

I've been checking the events and might join you in more than one occasion if that's ok Smiley

Miq.
TonyLanciaBeta
Administrator

England England

« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 09:17:42 PM »

A few photos from the day: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonysphotos/sets/72157630376903662/

1981 Beta Coupe 1600
2012 Ypsilon (daily)
LanciaNut69

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 10:29:12 PM »

As ever Tony, some great shots there - and some nice ones of LRB! 

Cheers

Darren

www.monteservicingandrepair.com
In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is.
miquel

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2012, 08:31:34 AM »

Great pics Tony thanks for sharing!

My mate Chris also took some photos that they and he uploaded everything together with a small report here:

http://dropoutmedia.com/2012/07/18/retro-show/

Scroll down for the link to a gallery with all the photos, you'll see your cars there! (he asked me to tell people to try and like their facebook group if you think any of the photos is worth it!! -hope this doesn't class as spamming).

Cheers!
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: