Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:06:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Newbie  (Read 3023 times)
Hawk

England England

« on: November 14, 2011, 12:44:50 PM »

Thought I'd pop in and say hi and introdcue myself. 

I'm new to Beta ownership (picked her up on Saturday) so please be gentle - and I will have lots of stupid questions!   

I think the car is known to a few on here? 

MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2011, 04:17:59 PM »

Welcome Hawk.

Don't worry, its all very easy going on here so ask any questions, I'm sure that there will be plenty of friendly advice.

Always woth using the search option, just in case its been discussed before and that resolves, but don't be shy!

Where are you located.. roughly (Just wondering how far the car has moved!)

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
Hawk

England England

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2011, 06:16:55 PM »

Thanks for the welcome

I'm on the Northern edge of the Cotswolds (Oxon / Warks border) so I got to drive nearly 90 miles home in the sunshine (roof off of course!) 

So far I only have a few questions and I'll have a good search about but if anyone wants to point me in the right direction it would be appreciated:

- I need reminding what all of the guages on the dashboard mean (and if I need to worry about any of them!) 

- Where can I get a second set of keys cut (I presume the security key for the doors and boot isn't held by normal key cutters?)

- Is there a workshop manual available?  I have a Haynes one but not sure how much detail it goes into on the Spyder. 

- Is there a recommended upgrade bulb for the headlights.  The standard lights are appalling! 

Other than that I'm more than happy with the car and it doesn't need for anything.  But, money permitting I'd like to get the interior seats covered so they match and a new hood. 

Cheers

MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2011, 09:38:58 PM »

Swapping the entire headlight bowls for the LanciaBetaParts.co.uk ones is a good way to go IMO, they definitely brighten things up for the driver and its just a simple swap over.

Ignition key is fairly easy to get cut but the only place I know of for the door/boot/fuel & glove box is a guy on Ebay in the USA - he just needs the number off the key (if you have the master) or a hi res picture of the key can also be used by him to cut a replacement.

Workshop manual - well, yes they are about, few and far between and expensive.  Your better off asking on here before investing in Dealership workshop manuals.
Plus the Spyder isn't that much different mechanically.  Lack of roof, different seats and the hood mechanisms are the only real "big" changes and you'll get advice from people on here.

I thought gauges were covered in the Haynes manual - but worth buying a Owners Handbook off flabby or I might have a spare one around

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
thecolonel
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2011, 09:47:32 PM »

Advance locksmiths keep blanks and
have the correct cutters
 (gamma uses same type)

Geoff
rossocorsa
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2011, 10:01:44 PM »

my local locksmiths used to be able to cut the beta keys must check if they can still do them
HFStuart
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2011, 10:40:44 PM »

I've used this guy in Oz. I just scanned my key and he cut a new one. Very happy with it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LANCIA-Beta-Scorpion-dimple-DOOR-KEY-CUT-YOUR-CODE-/140633792981?pt=Vintage_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item20be6d61d5

For manuals try this link

http://www.viva-lancia.com/specials/beta/beta-cd.php

You're right the car is known and it's been to at least one event. Twin 45s and a 4 branch manifold IIRC.

Welcome along!
Hawk

England England

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2011, 09:25:03 AM »

Thanks for all of the info chaps - appreciated. 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: