Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 12:08:11 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Non Flashing Indicators  (Read 5600 times)
The_Matrix_Master

« on: August 23, 2011, 01:46:05 PM »

The indicators on my 81 Spyder have decided to no longer flash.
They all work including the hazards but they stay on i.e. dont flash.
Any ideas what the problem is or what to look for ?
 Huh?
cheeky monkey

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 08:57:27 PM »

Hi

worth investigating the same route as those who have rapid flashing problem. Hutch gave some advice on this old thread and several since: ' Archive from MSN Forum 2002 - 2008 > Archive from MSN Forum 2008 > Beta flasher unit' .
Worth cleaning the front circular earth points located by each headlight with all the black wires attached and while your in that area  clean all the fuse box contacts . It is possible you have a bad connection in the column stalk. Check out Erics article on modifying a beta too.
If you locate the flasher unit under the dash, disconnect the pale blue wire and see what happens.

G

Graham

1979 beta coupe 1300
The_Matrix_Master

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2011, 09:47:25 AM »

Cheers
Thanks for that
cheeky monkey

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 03:46:29 PM »

Any progress ?

Graham

1979 beta coupe 1300
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 05:17:45 PM »

Do you have a p/n for your faulty flasher relay?

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
The_Matrix_Master

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2011, 09:40:19 AM »

I am still trying to get to the bottom of what's going on.I have found out that the previous owner changed the Combined Flasher ~ indicators/hazards/handbrake for a seperate unit for brake/flasher as on mk 3.
"Daylight Visibility has been improved by increasing the voltage ~"Live feed taken via relay ingnition switched to flasher terminal yellow wire,yellow left in place and fuse 12 removed to stop back feed"
It is this voltage I think that is causing the problem.
If I just turn the key i.e engine not ticking over I can coax the hazards on and the left and right indicators work very slowly if i turn the engine on then the indicators or hazards stay solid.
As if that is not bad enough if i turn the wipers on whilst the engine is on the indicators work ?
Fathom that one if you can.
Its getting to the stage where I will need to get an Auto electrican to look at it as it is dooing my "noodle" in.
This has only started to happen since i was caught out in the rain and I am wondering if something has got wet ?

Huh?
rachaeljf

« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2011, 09:02:30 PM »

This sounds like a bad earth star point. If it fails all the components that were earthed by it will back-feed each other, giving all kinds of weird behaviour. Start by making sure all your earths are good, including the battery negative.

Cheers R
andybeta

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2011, 07:09:39 PM »

The indicators including the hazard light function have given up the ghost on my HPE VX. Everything else works, heater, horn, wipers, all lights, brake lights, but no indicators or hazards. Where is the flasher unit under the dash? I used to know but have now clean forgotten and can't easily see a flasher unit having poked around. All fuses are fine and relays have been twiddled. The car has been laid up in a dry garage and fired up fine today, after I turned it over first without plugs and got oil flowing around the engine as it has been sitting for some time, then having run for a few mintues it died, then realising an hour later that the reason it had died was because it had run out of fuel as the fuel line had perished in several places which was dripping fuel onto the inner wing and power steering hoses Embarrassed .  Oops. The strong smell should have been a dead give away and started alarm bells ringing. Anyhow it runs fine, burbles away, but alas no indicators. I need to take it out in the next few days so need them. Sorry to hijack the thread but it seems stupid starting another on the same topic.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 07:13:15 PM by andybeta » Logged
thecolonel
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2011, 08:37:14 PM »

Faulty haz switch will cause this.
From what I remember relay should
be on the right side of the column.
andybeta

« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2011, 10:30:03 PM »

Indicators and hazards now working, don't know how, but they are.

Thanks for the pointer Colonel.
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: