Lancia Beta Forum
April 28, 2024, 11:37:27 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Garage / car port  (Read 1915 times)
Sledgewomble

« on: July 31, 2011, 02:43:20 PM »

just got my Beta back on the road after 9 months having some minor mechanicals done.  Currently it's parked on my drive and given it's a condition 1 car with 44k mileage I really need to take better care of her.  Any suggestions of a cheap carport / garage kit?  If I can't find one I might need to consider selling her to save her being left to the elements.
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2011, 07:08:04 PM »

Why sell it?  A breathable waterproof car cover will keep most of the issues at bay.

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 04:48:01 PM »

Why sell it?  A breathable waterproof car cover will keep most of the issues at bay.

I agree. My Beta is coming off the road this winter. It's the actual use on the salted roads that does the damage, plus the sun fading the paint in the summer.
spud

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 11:30:51 PM »

I have to say I don't agree. It's salt left on that causes the damage. I have always used all my classics as daily drivers, all year round. And these have included a few Dinos as well as Lancias. In the summer, wash regularly and use the best quality wax you can find. The good ones have UV protection in them. In winter, wash even more regularly, particularly underneath. If you do it properly, pressure washing under arches and floor, there's no reason why any car can't be used all year round. What's the point in owning something you're afraid to use? If your car is properly maintained, wax in the cavities, underseal (or similar) underneath, carnauba polish on the paint, there's no reason why you can't! I have fond memories of driving my Fiat Dino Spyder through the Lakes, mid winter, snow everywhere, top down, hat on, heater blasting, loving the sound of it. Also Montecarlo, roof rolled back, enjoying the crisp winter sun shining on the paint, not worrying if it's going to bubble up! You'll do more damage not using it for six months than you ever will driving it...

Andrew.

Montecarlo S2 Spyder
HPE VX
Y10 GTi.e. x2
Various other non Lancia projects...
rossocorsa
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2011, 08:10:30 AM »

even a breathable cover will cause rust due to it holding in any damp for longer and it will not help with condensation, best option is to drive the car occasionally when it is a nice dry day to get all the box sections well ventilated. This also keeps all the oily bits and the brakes in better condition, the painful bit is having to pay road tax all year to use the car very little in the colder months 
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: