Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 05:15:27 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: beta performance engine parts  (Read 2428 times)
tonylanciabeta
« on: November 01, 2008, 12:49:33 PM »

does anyone out there have or know of places to get oversized valves and performance cams for the 2 litre engine?
thanks. jeremy.

---------------------------------------------------------------

I had my cams reground/uprated to a Ritmo 130TC Profile, sounds a little tappy but goes like a cut snake, cost around $120.00 $AUD for the pair.  regards, Shane

---------------------------------------------------------------

Yes, what is your current set up, where are you and what are you planning to do with the car once finished.   A full race engine in a road car sounds good but isn't fun...

--------------------------------------------------------------

i'm in melbourne.
my car is standard and needs an engine rebuild. (if you have any cheap parts like gasket kits etc. please let me know). i don't intend to build a race car however i don't drive around town much an may enter the odd weekend event. i'm just looking at all of my options and may perform a couple of mods that compliment each other. by the way are high compression pistons worth while or are they best used with an already worked engine?
with regards to the bloke in oz, where did you get your cams built up? my mechanic basically talked me out of it. I've sourced some from 240 at fiatorque, these may be standard.
thanks everyone for your prompt replies.
jeremy.

--------------------------------------------------------------

If your engine has to come apart there are a number of things to consider depending on your budget.

If you want a modest increase in performance, then twin carbs will give the biggest improvement for your buck, pound or dollar.   Then cams.    Increasing the compression ratio does make a difference as well, so if you can find modestly priced diecast pistons (eg 1600 pistons in a 2 litre) in the correct size, then consider those as well.

Other effective mods include lightening the flywheel.   Too light and it will be hard to drive and potentially fragile.   Mild lightening will make the car rev faster.

Cams - it is possible to mix and match cams from other Beta models which is often very cheap, the alternative is to either have yours reground - which is expensive to reverse if you don't like it, or to buy new cams.   I always suggest keeping a spare set of standard parts just in case.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: