Lancia Beta Forum
April 27, 2024, 07:11:49 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: What to do with a sad Thema - what is of use (for a Beta)?  (Read 1311 times)
flex

England England

« on: April 26, 2011, 09:20:16 PM »

This car is my problem to sort out, but its beyond economical repair. It should probably end up in a for sale section somewhere, but seeing as I have a few questions I thought it could try it here to start with.

This J reg Thema ie has been sitting outside since approx 2002. It is now my task to work out what to do with it.
Started a few times since, but not recently. Rear brakes are seized.
Engine was rebuilt in 2000 (I believe) after a snapped belt left some nice bent valves and a general mess. Wasn't running great initially after the rebuild, so my father bought another car to use in the meantime. It was subsequently sorted and running fine but not used. Tax and insurance had run out, and it could not be sold for anything close to the work that had been carried out.
Is complete (apart from the ashtray which someone broke in and stole, along with 57p and a couple of golf tees Cheesy, ages ago, and maybe a few other bits), but there is rust around the rear screen, as well as the rear arches. Wheels are ok, but could probably do with a refurb. Tyres have had it. The sunroof has leaked a bit, so there is some moisture inside, but the interior is  generally ok if a little mouldy in parts. I may well take the one of the front seats out to make into a comfy chair... reminds me that the passenger door is also completely stuck.

I don't know if there is anything of use. It is worth £ >100 as scrap - are there any parts worth taking off? If anyone is interested feel free to contact, and we can sort something out. The whole car can be collected for whatever the scrap value is if someone wants it - car is in Penryn, Cornwall.

Are there any parts that are useful for a beta? It's a shame the engine configuration is so different, otherwise an amusing engine swap would be in order!

Thanks for any replies.

Felix

So many cars, so little time.
Duncan23

« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 09:51:09 PM »

I see you posted on the TDC - I've contacted you there...
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 09:53:43 PM by Duncan23 » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: