Lancia Beta Forum
April 26, 2024, 04:40:47 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Looking for Lancia Beta parts: www.lanciabetaparts.co.uk

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: VX 0-100 in 7.7 seconds  (Read 1772 times)
tonylanciabeta
« on: December 07, 2008, 09:47:32 PM »

From: jazzygeoffSA  (Original Message)   Sent: 25/03/2008 18:00
Hey Guys,

Well I have finally finished converting my 1600 to a Volumex.

It has been a long long trip and not nearly finished. So far there has been hundreds of lil conversions and no major mechanicall changes.

Using the 1600 gearbox and a 4-1 exhaust recomended buy Guy Croft. The head and cams will be changed later this year.

Hehe's a link to my first 0-100 run, not to bad considering I ws pulling the clutch back with my toes and the new clutch spring is way way to soft.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP1gVi5043c

It certainly shifts and the 1600 box makes a big difference to the acceleration.  Any photos please?  What's the story with the body kit?

Chris

Hey,

Well as I'm sure you know there's not to many off the shelf kits for beta's these days. Basically we used the bumpers off an old BMW 323 or 325 cant remember off hand. Had a look at quite a few different cars bumpers to find something that would suite the square shape of the car.

And the bmw bumpers where almost made to fit the betas :-) Basically we kept the old bumpers in place and fiberglassed the new one onto them, the front took a bit of shaping and cutting but really it wasn't all that bad. The two tone is split from the ridge on the doors which match up perfectly with the hight of the bumpers.

Took some doing but I've yet too see any Beta's out there with anf form of Kits on them.

Can we see the engine bay please and when you say "1600 to a Volumex" do you mean a 1600cc "Blown" or a VX 2000cc retro fitted.
Your 3 series BMW bumpers look good!

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: