Lancia Beta Forum
April 20, 2024, 10:07:49 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Series 1 Coupe interior pictures required.  (Read 8136 times)
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« on: March 02, 2011, 06:05:30 PM »

For my Series 1 Coupe re-commissioning I am searching out some pictures of the original interior.  I need to see whether the 1976 Coupés all had piping in the seat seams.

Brian Longs book has a picture of a 1300 Coupé (Page 46) with piping and there is/was an orange velour seat cover for a S1 HPE with the brown piping, but I want to be sure the Coupé had the piping as the current interior which I think is original does not have any.  My first Coupé was so long ago I cannot recall whether it had piping or not.

I will check my other Beta books when I get home, but thought I'd ask in advance

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Originality is the watchword here!  Wink

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 06:07:53 PM by MattNoVAT » Logged

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
rossocorsa
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 10:40:48 PM »

I'll check my brochure stash!! watch this space
rossocorsa
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 11:37:31 PM »

Very early pre-launch brochure note that seat cushions have no stitching across

series 2 but with vinyl sides and piping wild colour combo lemon yellow and green WOW!

leather interior Japanese market (probably same as North America)

series two one pictures shows a skinny bird sat on seats with piping and the same fabric across whole seat the other pic no piping and velour outer fabric with smoother inner panel (same page of same brochure!!Are you confused yet?)

two pics of German market S2

series one

S2 HPE so you can see the difference vinyl on sides and on the rear seat wedges

series one

from series one press pack

it seems that some had the same fabric over the whole seat some had velvet bolsters and a smoother fabric in the middle fitted with the nap facing opposite ways, further some might have had vinyl sides and piping and I am sure I have seen somewhere pictures of seats that are two tone with different colour centre and bolsters but I don't have a brochure showing this. Aren't Italian cars complicated??  !!!!

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 11:44:55 PM by rossocorsa » Logged
rossocorsa
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 11:47:19 PM »

forgot to mention AFAIK there is no such thing as a series 1 1300, they were series 2 after Fulvia was finished and the seats on those are different again rear seat is a bench on pre facelift cars (which were also not Betas just called Lancia 1300 coupé)
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 12:24:45 AM by rossocorsa » Logged
rossocorsa
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 12:39:16 AM »

For my Series 1 Coupe re-commissioning I am searching out some pictures of the original interior.  I need to see whether the 1976 Coupés all had piping in the seat seams.

I believe a 1976 built car would be series 2 are you sure yours was not built earlier but not reg until 1976? I believe a 1600 series 1 would be chassis number 828.AC.0..... Series 2 828.BC.0
rossocorsa
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 12:49:55 AM »

ps Do I win the prize for biggest Beta anorak?
carl59862

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2011, 10:42:11 AM »

Matt,

Your car is definitely a S2 pre-facelift car. The problem with the brochures is that UK specs seem to vary from other markets and that the S2 brochures included many photographs from the S1 brochure.

There was certainly no S1 1300 and HPE's were different because of the vinyl sides to the seats. 

In my experience, all S2 cars had piping to the seats, but you never know, if yours was an early S2 car, maybe a stock of un-piped seats was still being used? Certainly the S1 fabric with velour type bolsters was of much better quality and I wouldn't rush to change it!

Carl.

1975 Coupe 1600
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2011, 12:55:56 PM »

My car carries the chassis identification of 828-AC0 and is a 1592cc - so its definately an S1.

The current interior has no piping, I have an orange velour interior from a 828-BC0 S2 car which has no piping either. I have studied the other Beta books I have and seen pictures of S1 cars with same interior as my current yellow/gold with no piping.

I only referenced the 1300 as that was the only picture in a commonly owned book that showed a picture of the piping I was referring to.

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
rossocorsa
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2011, 01:01:31 PM »

so I think the answer is velour bolsters and no piping, now all you need is some of those super stylish yellow instruments I never understood why no one liked those. I used to think that UK cars never had them but I think I saw a mph speedo on ebay recently so maybe they did?
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2011, 01:08:18 PM »

The interior of the S1 I have has velvet bolsters and a smoother fabric in the middle fitted with the nap facing opposite ways. (As in the black and white image)

The other interior I have is identical to that in the colour picture and that came from an S2 car.

From the pictures supplied the later S2 cars seem to have piping as well as the 1300 Beta.

Very early pre-launch brochure note that seat cushions have no stitching across

series one

from series one press pack

it seems that some had the same fabric over the whole seat some had , further some might have had vinyl sides and piping and I am sure I have seen somewhere pictures of seats that are two tone with different colour centre and bolsters but I don't have a brochure showing this. Aren't Italian cars complicated??  !!!!

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
rossocorsa
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2011, 01:17:14 PM »

it's all very difficult to know and I wasn't old enough or sufficiently Lancia savvy when they were new! The yellow with green seats is weird I thought at first that they had put an HPE picture in error but you can see the seats quite clearly on the picture of the whole car. Probably a prototype S2  though as I think yellow cars normally came with red seats
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 02:43:54 PM by rossocorsa » Logged
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2011, 01:20:49 PM »

The colour picture I referenced in my last post is what I will be going for orange velour with no piping, that picture does actually hits the nail 100% on the head for an S1.  This picture jogged my addled old memory enough for me to recognise the interior from my first Beta Coupe 1600 back in 1986/87.

Mine is definately not a pre-launch car so I cannot have no cross stiching on the seat squab.

The yellow/gold interior thats in the S1 is two-tone, with velvet type bolster - its not in the greatest of condition.

Thanks everyone - I now have a picture I can give to the re-trimming people.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 01:27:17 PM by MattNoVAT » Logged

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
rossocorsa
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2011, 01:38:42 PM »

if you want some better high res pictures let me know
Neil-yaj396
Legendary Member

1979 1300 Coupe

« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2011, 01:19:48 PM »

How fantastic were the original S1 cars when they were new? The interiors were so bright compared to the later greys and I'm with RC on the white instruments - all the Fulvia 3's had them. Good luck with the car Matt, can't wait to see it.
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2011, 05:16:01 PM »

I have to agree, the later cars did go a bit sensible. I love the vivid colour schemes of the early cars.

Last years NEC classic car show had an early yellow ford Capri, by no means a car I like but the yellow/black interior and yellow paint scheme was superb.

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
79cord

« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 11:10:35 AM »

it's all very difficult to know and I wasn't old enough or sufficiently Lancia savvy when they were new! The yellow with green seats is weird I thought at first that they had put an HPE picture in error but you can see the seats quite clearly on the picture of the whole car. Probably a prototype S2  though as I think yellow cars normally came with red seats

Got to say that one of my Maya Giallo '75 S1 Beta coupes has a green velvet/tricot cloth interior of this style:

The other, (same colour) seemingly having had creamy vinyl... before it was retrimmed in a horribly coarse red & black fabric combination... I hope to retrim that in orange/red too... Though possibly velour or mock-suede rather than the velvet.

As you say that other yellow with green & vinyl combo possibly an S2 prototype since that looks more like the Bangkok Yellow shown in the 1976 colour chart somewhere on this site than the bolder '75 Maya Giallo, shown faded/oxidized here:

S1 offered some uniquely bold exterior colours too.
Also have a '75 in black with red leather...

The cloth upholstered seats always seem so much softer than the later vinyl options as you sink in to them.. such a contrast to German or modern "sporty" seating.

Yellow exterior makes the idea of some yellow gauges especially tempting... though Lancia's design possibly a bit fussy..
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 11:23:45 AM by 79cord » Logged
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: