Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 08:12:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Hi new member in Hertfordshire  (Read 2342 times)
rommel

Zil 131 Alfa 145 ferrari mondial qv vw motorhome

« on: February 01, 2011, 08:37:41 AM »

Hi have just rescued a 1977 beta spyder thats been sat in a garage for the last ten years with no roof on it (the garage that is not the car),got to say its looking a little sorry for its self! Only plus side it did undergo full resto before it was parked up so its pretty sound body wise bar being covered in micro blisters,sold my vx about 3 years ago regrtted it ever since saw this and felt the urge, got some photos of it will post them over the next few days ,anyway hi to all
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 10:15:57 AM »

Hi

Sounds like a first if the body is ok, but needs other work doing to it (even if only restored 10 years ago). Wish mine was that way when I got it, now part way through restoring a 77 Spider, bodywork finished, but needed 290 hours of work to sort and repaint.......

If you need any parts/advice I am sure there are folk here who can help (as they have helped me).

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
MattNoVAT
Administrator
Legendary Member

France France

« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 04:23:08 PM »

Welcome Rommel,

Sounds like you have a good project on your hands!  Looking forward to seeing the photos & the progress.

I thought a Panzer may have been more apt given your name  Grin ; Wink Grin

1981 2000 Coupe S2/FL
1976 1600 Coupe S1
2007 Ypsilon 1.3 Bi-Colori
WestonE
Legendary Member

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2011, 06:51:42 PM »

Rommel

Welcome to the elite group of Spyder Restoration enthusiasts. Mine is a best of 3 affair coming together VERY slowly although the body shell is largly done end to end, the complete mechanical and electrical restoration complete with fuel injected VX installation is a lot more involved. Still it stops me becoming bored and I know how good these cars can be, only wishing the factory had put the VX Coupe engine and interior in the Spyder complete with power steering. I will dummy install the engine and run it later this year which should be interesting!

The guys here are always helpful.

Eric
HFStuart
Legendary Member

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2011, 08:27:26 PM »

Welcome Rommel

I was seriously temped by that spider but given it's taken four years and two shells to get mine on the road perhaps it's just as well.  Look after those wing mirrors - apart from the rear lights they're the most difficult parts to find.

Elite group.... if only

What does that make those of us with pre F/L spiders then ?

BTW Eric  - on the topic of cars needing power steering did you ever drive a Delta HFie ? Don't ever challenge an owner to an arm wrestle !

Stuart
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: