Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:51:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: 2024 Events Calendar http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=92.0
Please feel free to add more.

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Weber 36dca overhaul  (Read 7221 times)
spud

United Kingdom United Kingdom

« on: January 18, 2011, 05:24:21 PM »

Hi all,

I've decided to overhaul my Volumex carburetor. It's the original carb- weber 36 dca and I've just ordered a rebuild kit. I have the Haynes carburettor rebuild manual which has detailed instructions for overhauling dozens of carbs but... you guessed it... not the 36dca.

Has anyone here overhauled this particular carb before?
Is it "nearly the same as..." any other weber model in particular?
Can anyone point me to a good exploded diagram of all the parts?

I've rebuilt a few 34 dmtr/datr over the years so I have an idea of the process but this carb looks quite different from that one. As I'm going into this one virtually blind any help/info would be gratefully received!

Andrew.

Montecarlo S2 Spyder
HPE VX
Y10 GTi.e. x2
Various other non Lancia projects...
rossocorsa
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 12:52:25 AM »

it's very similar to a dcnf I believe a very similar carb was also fitted to Chrylser/talbot/simca cars in the late 70s early 80s. It is not complicated aside from the auto choke which you will need the instructions to set up.

you can find some info in the volumex supplement which is in the download section of lancisti.net

http://www.lancisti.net/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=74

will see if I have an exploded diagram not sure if I have one or not

« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 12:57:27 AM by rossocorsa » Logged
spud

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 11:28:02 AM »

Thanks Rossocorsa. I have that download as a paper document already. It does show a few images of the carb but no proper diagram. If you do happen to find one it would be a great help.  Smiley If not I'm sure I'll manage. I have a well prepared workbench, i.e. spotlessly clean, with good lighting, and plenty of patience to do the job right so what else do you need eh?? I'll figure it out as I go along- I may even do a few pics as a guide for others to dismantle the 36dca carb should they ever need to. I remember taking apart my first carb which was a weber 34 off a Monte. This was around 20 years ago... it was terrifying- I expected to find loads of tiny parts that I would never be able to refit... it was much easier than I expected.

Andrew.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 11:29:40 AM by spud » Logged

Montecarlo S2 Spyder
HPE VX
Y10 GTi.e. x2
rossocorsa
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 09:57:05 PM »

checked my stuff and here it is just uploaded it to lancisti I must apologise about the poor quality

http://www.lancisti.net/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=121
spud

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 10:32:28 AM »

RC, That's great, thank you! I've just received my overhaul kit from Dellorto- very highly recommended company. I ordered on Tuesday mid afternoon knowing that they didn't have it in stock and they would be ordering from their suppliers but still thought I would have it by the weekend. Friday morning it arrived.
Planning to do the overhaul monday or tuesday- along with a new inline fuel filter and air filter I'm hoping it will cure all the running problems as the car did run fine when I originally drove it home last spring.

Andrew.

Montecarlo S2 Spyder
HPE VX
Y10 GTi.e. x2
rossocorsa
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 12:37:04 AM »

hope it works out I checked out my spare DCNF it looks OK but has the choke housing missing but could maybe be used without choke so if you get ambitious again ......
spud

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2011, 09:16:09 PM »

PM me with a price and I'll see if I feel ambitious... Wink

Andrew.

Montecarlo S2 Spyder
HPE VX
Y10 GTi.e. x2
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: