Lancia Beta Forum
March 28, 2024, 11:19:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEC Restoration Show 22nd-24th March 2024
http://www.betaboyz.myzen.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=5015.msg36852#msg36852

Home   Help Contact Admin Search Calendar Gallery Articles Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Fusebox  (Read 6680 times)
AndrewJ

Hungary Hungary

« on: January 02, 2011, 02:02:40 PM »

I bought my Beta Coupe with many electrical failures a month ago. After Christmas I started to solve these problems and first I started to clean the contacts. I wanted to change every fuses to new ones. I have found a diagram in a manual for my car. I have 16 fuses, and this manual said that the first 7pcs are 8A, the others are 16A (and maybe one with 25A). The old fuses were absolutely in bad mixed positions.

I was wondering if the numbering on fusebox is left-to right, or right to left? - Unfortunately I have no fusebox cover, and any signs on the box. I took the fuses in their place left-to right, but all the relays lie on their face, and I saw an older type fusebox with right-to left numbering on Ebay.

Can anyone help me?  

* 2.jpg (95.98 KB, 800x442 - viewed 2017 times.)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 02:04:20 PM by AndrewJ » Logged

1981 Beta Coupe 1300
1998 Fiat Punto Cabrio 1.2 16V
cheeky monkey

« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2011, 06:22:20 PM »

Hi Andrew

you have 16 fuses so it reads from left to right

you are correct that first 7 are 8 amp and others 16 (number 11 = 16 or 25)

When your Haynes manual arrives you can see all this on page starting 158  Smiley

That was a good idea to clean all the contacts. Please check earth points are good and free or corrosion too - (below headlight mounts) . If you havnt already, please read advice in the forum under the topic ' Modifying a Lancia Beta by Eric Weston ' . This gave me a lot of help when i first bought a beta

cheers, G

Graham

1979 beta coupe 1300
AndrewJ

Hungary Hungary

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2011, 09:35:36 PM »

Hi Andrew

you have 16 fuses so it reads from left to right

you are correct that first 7 are 8 amp and others 16 (number 11 = 16 or 25)

When your Haynes manual arrives you can see all this on page starting 158  Smiley

That was a good idea to clean all the contacts. Please check earth points are good and free or corrosion too - (below headlight mounts) . If you havnt already, please read advice in the forum under the topic ' Modifying a Lancia Beta by Eric Weston ' . This gave me a lot of help when i first bought a beta

cheers, G

Thank you  for the tip -  I have found many new information it that topic  Wink

1981 Beta Coupe 1300
joe1999

New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2011, 12:15:46 AM »

i have a spare fuse box cover somewhere which you can have if you are happy to pay for the postage I am in New Zealand not sure how much that will cost.
AndrewJ

Hungary Hungary

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 10:31:27 AM »

i have a spare fuse box cover somewhere which you can have if you are happy to pay for the postage I am in New Zealand not sure how much that will cost.

Thank you for your offer! Now I am waiting for a price for a complete used fuse box from someone in my country, but If he also cannot find a complete one, or the price is horrible, then I may accept your offer. I haven't got any packets from New Zealand, but for example last year I oredered some rare plant seeds from Australia, and it the postage was very cheap.

1981 Beta Coupe 1300
peteracs
Administrator
Legendary Member

United Kingdom United Kingdom

Peter Stokes

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2011, 12:27:00 PM »

Hi Andrew

If your car is a F/L one, I have a spare fuse box (buried so will take a day or so to dig out) which I took off a scrap X plate Spider? I am in the UK if that helps.

Peter

Beta Spyder S2 pre F/L 1600
Beta HPE S2 pre F/L 1600
AndrewJ

Hungary Hungary

« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2011, 01:30:32 PM »

Hi Andrew

If your car is a F/L one, I have a spare fuse box (buried so will take a day or so to dig out) which I took off a scrap X plate Spider? I am in the UK if that helps.

Peter

Thank you for your offer Wink ! After reading your name - first I thought that you are also from Hungary like me, because your name sounds for me a bit Hungarian  Smiley

My car is Serie2-FL1 version. Maybe have you got also other things to sell from that spider? Some small gadgets are also missing from my car :-( .. Now I am searching for an ashtray between the  back seats (but I don't know, if the spiders have it also). I have only the chrome base of it now. And my car doesn't have the coverings of inside door handles, and the plastic covering around the inside door lock :-( 

1981 Beta Coupe 1300
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: